Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Thanks madmadge!!

Well after a cloudy and quite windy start the day has brightened up with some nice sun. However it is chillier than normal for this time of year, especially at night. The temperature where I live has only got up to 18C today (65F I think), so definitely anyone coming out soon should have a jacket or jumper for the evenings.
oooo sue keep me posted please i go to lanzarote matagorda on the 18th december.please make the sun shine for me :)
Is there not a weather forecast topic with Bawbee anymore? :que

Used to love his weather reports - so handy when coming out to have a first hand insight as to what the weather is doing or forecast before we come.
jan, look back to the previous page where I posted a site which gives accurate info about the weather on the island every day.

Have a good holiday :cheers :cheers
Hi Sue, yes I did see that and I have used that site before.

Yes looking forward to coming out now, only downside is we don't land until around 7.30pm on the Sat of the Carnival so we will miss it this year :cry
Aww, shame you will miss the parade, but don't forget that the celebrations go on all night, so if you just drop your luggage and get into town you can still party!!!! :cheers :cheers
That is what we plan to do!! Quite a nice start to the holiday I thought!!

Lets hope the weather complies and we have a nice week also - doesnt have to be scorching, just warm and dry, few clouds, light breeze!! :sun2

are you finding the weather about normal for this time of year so far Sue?
Not really jan, this past couple of days has been lovely, but up till then fairly miserable and changeable, especially where I live. Residents have been saying how cold it has been :(

Off to the UK on Saturday though, so I am sure I will think that is worse than here!!!!
I was there christmas in matagorda the daytimes were lovily,the evenings very chilly usually i would wear sandles out on the evenings luckily enough i took a pair of shoes with me to put on if i had of took boots i would of worn them very chilly didnt even wear my dresses
yes, think I will make sure I have a sweater packed, and i wear jeans and boots over, so if that is what I have to wear out in the evening then so be it.

Have come over and its been warmish in the evenings, enough to wear sandals and knee length shorts at night, but have also had times where I had to wear what I wore over every night!!! :(

As long as the days are nice enough that will be fine. :tup

Sue you will find it cooler here, but its been so changeable here also from one day to the next. Have a nice time.
If you are coming these next days to Lanzarote, especially Costa Teguise, dont forget to bring warm clothes for the evening as its going to be very windy for 10 days at least.

Windsurfers will be happy for sure ) If wind is really too strong for you, you can still go to beach "playa del jablillo", its 5 min from beach "las cucharas", and its really quiet.
Hi vizzon, we are coming out at the end of Feb (last week in feb) so hoping it all settles down nicely by then.
Its gonna be nice just being away, but we do know how the weather can be as we have experienced it all!

Hope its not too windy and hope it stays dry. We are staying in Los Pocillos area.

we do have a trip down to Costa tequise on the bus for a change as a rule. So we always have a sweater for the evenings just in case anyway.
This is not a forecast but it is actual conditions real time. The station is close to the airport and the data is very good as it compares well to the airport metar.

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/lanzarote/
Sorry, I know it is not about the weather at the moment but.............I am really missing Bawbee! :cry :cry :cry Thank you to the other people who are doing their best to keep us informed but he is a hard act to follow.

I do hope he is o.k? Do not need any details just to know he is o.k. :wave
hi- what the weather like at the moment ?( sue?)- coming out in a week- and I'm hoping its going to be hot. Came to matagora on exactly the same date last year- and we had cracking weather (The 2 weeks before- we were told were lousy)- so I'm hoping for the same nice weather this year.

belly
It's been glorious this past ten days, hot sun, no clouds etc. Today the wind has got up (there has been a weather warning out), but still lovely and warm in the sun. No idea what the next week will bring, but you will still need a woollie for the evenings, it's cold once that sun goes in!! And it is full moon tomorrow, which for some reason really does bring different weather :que
hey sue- thanks for that! I'll ask you again middle of next wk if you dont mind? :)

thanks again

belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.