Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Oh dear, don't want to start any bickering. All help, advice and experience is welcome :)
We arrive Saturday. It's a really special holiday, so praying the weather can turn itself around!
:D Jayne :D
JayneCAFC wrote:
Oh dear, don't want to start any bickering. All help, advice and experience is welcome :)
We arrive Saturday. It's a really special holiday, so praying the weather can turn itself around!
:D Jayne :D

Exactly. All help and advice is welcome on the forums. :tup

Have a lovely time Jayne, as I'm sure you will & please let us know all about your holiday on your return :sun2
I do hope you've managed to make the most of your holiday Jayne, with all this bad weather!
Thanks for asking Madsue. Sorry for late reply, just catching up since returning from Rainy Lanzarote!

Well, overall the weather was dreadful! Our villa leaked badly, so all the rain was INSIDE the house. My little boy was falling over all over the place. Spanish tiles are slippery for a toddler anyway, let alone when soaking wet! But we managed to make the best of it. The best day weather wise was the Tuesday, which just so happened to be my birthday (and it was also my 1 year anniversary of being diagnosed with cancer) so it was a special holiday for me... to get away from all my bad memories of my birthday last year, and to enjoy the sun. Which, on that day at least, I did! YAY! It went downhill from there though. Booked to go over to Fuerteventura on the ferry, but that was cancelled due to the winds. And then finally coming home, we were stuck on our plane on the runway for 5 hours, because the winds were too strong to take off! A nightmare 9 hours on the plane with an irritable 2 year old, and my boyfriend who just wanted a cigarette!

But hey, I'm thankful for the small things in life and I consider it a wonderful holiday despite the weather :) :D Jayne :D
The weather was an absolute nightmare Jayne, everyones houses leaked, the electric went off and there was flooding everywhere. Doubt you could have had a worse week here on Lanzarote.

It is slightly better now, though only 65F in my house.

Glad you managed to have a good holiday despite all the wind and rain.
|Clear blue cloudless skies yesterday and today, but very windy with a calima, so wind is in the opposite direction, and it's a bit chilly. Only got up to 20C today
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.