Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Yes thats our dream too, living there full time but we have some friends who went on a trip to try and buy a property there but couldnt find anything they could afford, apparently its VERY expensive! Still, we can dream, and keep buying the lottery tickets.
We're going to little place called Sa Tuna near Begur 19 August and it cant come soon enough. Has anyone been there its hard to find out much about it in mainstream info, except that it looks pretty and unspoilt. Also someone said the weather can change at that time - reassure me somebody please :)
I am sure it will be lovely in august

rosie
It's raining this morning! Can hardly see a thing on the web cam!
I know, it's been lovely to, see the boats are in more now, i was looking at the menu on the webcam page gqb and if you look at activities it shows you the bars and what kind of music they play there, i know you find your own but it gives an idea of what to expect only just looked at that
Rosie
My friends just got back from Tossa. They had a great time and had a great tan! I'll have to get some restaurant recommendations from them!

Couldn't see anything about music tho' Rosie
i went onto the webcam page and on the menu top right, went to activities then nightlife on the left, and it came up with the bars and what kind of music they played, sixties spanish etc, gastromy and it gave menus for some of the restraunts and pics of tossa
Sounds great. Only 32 days now before I go!!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-015.gif

The menu's look wonderful. Especially Restaurant 'el Portal', the seafood looks and sounds wonderful. I love paellla, except Dave isn't kean, which is disappointing as it's often for 'dos personas' only.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-015.gif We are going on Saturday! Can't wait! Bought some Costa Brava guides last week and there are some interesting restaurant recommendations which I'll have to check out. Will let you know if they are worth visiting! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-016.gif
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-008.gif The beach and weather is looking FANTASTIC! :pele
Wish we were going on Saturday, we have got 8 WEEKS to wait. Hope you have a great time.
Look at it on the bright side Jane. In 8 weeks, you'll be sunning yourself and my holiday will have been long gone..........
This is the first time we have booked for later in the year, we usually go in May, and I suppose you are right that we have got it to look forward to but it just looks so nice on the webcam. We are not sure what to expect in August - just hoping its not too crowded, we went last year im May and it was just right for us but schools and exams take priority this year.
Apparantly it will be quite busy as August is the peak time, but it won't be as bad as Lloret.
In only have 3 shifts left at work! Last day Thursday! :yipee
For some reason, the webcam is still stuck on Thursday.
Have you been to Tossa before G_Q_B ?
In '97 we went to Lloret (which was my 1st foreign holiday!), and had an afternoon there, but didn't stay that long. Just went on the boat there and back really. I thought it was too quiet, but didn't really explore the place properly. But I was only about 22/23 at the time and was into more noisy places. I'm slightly more sophisticated now :rofl
Have you been before?
We went last year, it is quiet compared to Lloret (We went on the boat to Lloret from Tossa and it scared the living daylights out of us!!) the place I mean not the boat :lol: We loved Tossa, even our teenage son was smitten, we are going this year with my daughter, 2 grand-daughters (5 and 1) my auntie (in her 70's) our son 15, and us oldies (50's). The only problem is my husband is scared to death of flying so we have to travel by coach, not bad when its all adults but not too sure how the kids will cope with such a long journey. I hope you like Tossa, its great if you like eating out etc the restaurants are nice and there are lots of bars to sit and watch the world go by and relax.
Just been looking on the Tossa tourists website, there is some sort of dance thing going on this Saturday (it says old traditional dance) dont quite know what it is but it looks interesting! When we are there , last week in August there is a 'quick painting contest' when a couple of hundred artists gather and paint a picture and then get judged on it. Sound nice.
Excellent Jane! Might get to see it as we go on Sat! Yipee!!!
The image from the webcan on Tossa beach hasn't been updated since Thursday 23rd June!

And the one at Lloret's not working at all!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.