Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Try this sight for web cam of Lloret 2 of them are working http://www.lloretguia.com/wettere.php
Forgot to say, just had friends come back from Lloret and they were able to wave to me from the cam outside Zur Wildsau which was cool. 8) They said it was very hot and humid all the time, sounds like ideal weather for the beach and pool
Well, I'm off this morning. Packed everything yesterday. Setting off at 9.30am-ish for airport, then zooommmm!! Hurrah!
Pity the Tossa cam hasn't been updated yet. Well, never mind, shall be seeing it in the flesh later! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-015.gif
It's still stuck!!! The weather has been awful last 4 days (overcast, dull, about 20oC, occasional shower!! ) Looks like it might brighten up though!
G_Q_B, looks like the weather is going to get a lot better over the next few days, plenty of big fat suns on the forecast and temperatures in the 30's.
The weather got better on the Sunday!! Finally! Going home tomorrow - boo! There is supposed to be a heat wave next week. Glad in some ways it hasn't been a heatwave this week as it was really hot anyway.
Will be giving my reports and recommendations when I get back. :cry:
The webcam on Tossa beach seems to be working again! And, my, it looks busy there.

- Tony -
Brings back memories! I want to be back there now! :cry:
I am going to Tossa De Mar in 3 weeks not that i am counting down or anything.

Where is the best nightlife around this area?
Hi Tony and Others,

I am a regular visitor to Tossa de Mar and have been a webcam watcher for a few years.

But I am unable to access since 23 Jun image, how are you managing to access same, is it via infotossa.com or some other way ?

regards

Pars fan
It depends on your taste Katy. There are plenty of great restaurants that are open til quite late and most of the bars close late too. There are no nightclubs that I found, but I was talking to this guy in an English Bar (can't remember which one, but there are only 2 of them), and he said that there is an area where the bars open all night, but we didn't go as we'd had enough by 1am usually!! The locals will know. Sorry can't help further.
Parcelona, this is the web address for the web cam in Tossa:
http://www.infotossa.com/an/webcam.htm
staying at this hotel in 2 wks time.has anyone stayed here?
Thanks for this Good Queen Bass I appreciate it, i have the webcam as a favourite now as it looks so nice and the sun is shining this morning. :lol:

Is the train the best way to Barcelona? if so where do we get it from?
Hi G-Q-B,

Good news, at long last I can now access webcam thro. My Favouites.
When I used your link I still only had the image from 23 June until I hit REFRESH button, how thick.

Bad news my wife is to have her a gall bladder removed August and we will miss our September visit to Tossa for the first time in 15 years.

We are both very disappointed but might be able to sqeeze a week in before end of season.

thanks again.

regards

Pars fan
Bad luck Pacelona, hope your wife has a speedy recovery xx

Thanks for this Good Queen Bass I appreciate it, i have the webcam as a favourite now as it looks so nice and the sun is shining this morning.

Is the train the best way to Barcelona? if so where do we get it from?

It's on my faves too!
The train goes from Blanes to Barcelona. It is very frequent, reliable and flexible (and cheap!)
However, Blanes is two bus rides from TDM, and the last ones are around 8pm, which is a pain.
When we went to Barcelona, we went on the bus which goes directly from TDM bus station. It cost around 16 euros each return. It is around every half-hour or so. You buy your ticket in the station, but you have to state a time for going AND coming back. The bus stops in Barcelona bus station and in the centre of Barcelona too (which is a better place to get off).
This I found to be a complete PAIN as we booked for 1815 coming back, arrived at 1810, but the bus had already left!!! I went into the office to ask and the miserable woman behind the counter said that we should have arrived on time and that the bus was FULL ANYWAY! And that if we wanted to get the next available bus, we would have to pay again!
I explained that we were on time and that it wasn't our fault that they had overbooked as we had booked this coach. I also said that I wouldn't pay again and she can get us on the next one. At first she refused until I started telling other English speakers about what happened. Guess what? We got on the next one available for free!

If it had been possible, we would have got the train, but due to the poor bus schedules, the bus seemed the only option. Just remember to be there in plenty of time!
now up and running again, cant wait love watching it and cant wait till sept
it looks better and better everyday, and the beach seems to get very full really early. :roll:
The beach got very full quickly Chris, when we were there. And that was at the beginning of July. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-015.gifI imagine that it's even busier now. Incidentally, the beach is 'shingly', but is wonderful for exfoliating the feet!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.