Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Just looked at the webcam. It's 1930 and it's STILL busy! Very sunny and looks lovely. I want to go back, sick of the weather here! :cry:
10:30 in the morning and already it it getting packed, today looks much better than yesturday, which is a lot more than i can say for england.
We are off to Tossa on 27th August. I have been watching the weather forcast over the last couple of weeks and am a bit alarmed at the amount of thunder storms and rain predicted for the near future, is that kind of weather normal in August on Costa Brava?
Have a good time Chris! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/natur/nature-smiley-008.gif

I just looked on the weather forecast too Jane, and there does seem to be a lot of thunderstorms hanging around! However, it is still very hot! The web cam of Tossa still looked fantastic though. Didn't deter anyone on that beach!

There is a guy on HT who lives in Barcelona, and has a forum that people can ask him questions about Barcelona. http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15116&highlight=barcelona+live He might be able to help you regarding the local weather. Or you could start a discussion specifically yourself, asking about the storms.
Hi Jane ... have you checked our Weather Q&As topic ?

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=40119

David :wave
Thanks David, I have looked at the weather for the past few years and feel a lot better about it now. Our two grand-daughters will be with us (5 & 1) so am hoping for some really nice weather so we will be able to get out and about with them whilst there. Weather forcast is looking a lot better now. :D
Have a great time Jane. Where are you staying?
just come back from tossa having had a lovely time.
the weather was a mixture of completely blue skies and other days overcast but the temperature was always mid to high 20's.
Hi G_Q_B, we are staying at the Don Juan Tossa. We stayed there in May last year, I was a bit worried before we went as the reviews I had read were not too good but I have discovered that a lot of them were in fact for the Don Juan in Lloret. We found the Don Juan Tossa to be OK, the position is brilliant, less than 2 mins from the beach which is why I think my grand-daughters will like it. As we usually have out holiday in May it seems like this one has been a long time coming but we are all a bit hyper now, cant wait to get there!!
I think I remember seeing that hotel. Seemed nice. Have a great time!

Nice avatar. Is it your cat?
Yes, thats Tom, he spends 90% of his time lying on top of the monitor , keeps him out of the way of my very inquisitive 16 month old grand-daughter. The Don Juan isnt the most glam hotel in the resort but its clean and friendly and the rooms we had last year had a 'terrace' not balcony, which puts my mind at rest because we had a bit of an incident involving my older grand-daughter last time we all went away together (she was 3 at the time) she dragged a chair onto the balcony of the hotel we were in (top floor) and had climbed on to look over, I happend to walk out onto our balcony, we were in the next room, and froze, I had to tell her calmly to get down off the chair because it was dangerous, she did get down but I went cold every time I thought about what might have happend for the rest of the holiday, at least at the Don Juan there is no drop ourside the balcony, just the rooms opposite. We are counting down the days till we go now!
does the webcam stop at certain dates?
I don't think so, as i have been viewing it since i booked in feb, goes down every so often but is usually back on after a few days,

Rosie
There doesn't seem to be many people of the beach though now anyway.
Nope not a person i sight. Then again it's November what am i expecting to see!!
I still look every day, looks so quiet but still the odd one on the beach, would,nt mind a stroll myself, foggy and cold here

Rosie
Yeah i know what you mean, just away from a the normal life a while is nice.
Yes, it would be lovely for a stoll. Although quite cool, I can imagine it's warmer than here! Besides, would just need a coat and I'd be fine!
It doesn't look so inviting there now, does it? :shock: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.