Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi siandee....I would stand your ground......if it was one of the reps would they have accepted a different venue.....it was their mistake and compensation is not going to help you....so give a little time to let them try and sort it ....give them a set time span...tell them that by a certain date you need to be assured you are booked for your chosen venue ....that you booked the monastry and no other venue will be acceptable ....that if they cannot supply what they contracted to supply, you will be forced to cancel and rearrange your wedding plans and your wedding party will need to do the same....if this is the case you will seek legal advice and sue for all costs incurred plus stress and anciety, as it has tarnished the memories you should have had of the most important day of your life.
Hey Tweetie, cheers for the advice, i recieved a call from the local travel agent i booked with, they said i may know by Friday the earliest but no guarantee. I have been looking into other options with Wedding Coordinators based in Rhodes. I dont feel i will be able to trust Thomas Cook anymore. I havent slept properly in 3 days, and had to miss work yesterday due to an upset tummy, which is no doubt caused by this mayhem. Its a bloody nightmare!! i am in the middle of writing my letter of complaint and i am going to ring TC tommorrow with my deadline for them to sort this mess! I know im no way in the wrong but no doubt they will try and cover their own backs! They said at this moment in time they are waiting to hear back from the resort..so basically it sounds like they are just trying to book another wedding rather than rectifying their blunder and doing it promptly, they are incompetent.
Hi seandee....dont worry about how they manage to do it....as long as your special day is exactly where you booked it to be.....and Id expect a bonus for the upset caused...Im off out to rhodes in August for my sons wedding ....they have chosen st pauls on the beach....and would be upset if it was changed somewhere else.....you choose a place and weave your dreams around it...so its the centre of all your plans and shouldnt be messed about with .
Hi

Hope some one can help please. My friend is looking to get married in Greece next year, Rhodes preferably but she wants to have the actual cermony on the beach - is this possible in rhodes? If so can anyone recommend a resort and hotel that would suit - not too quiet and too big.. They were going to go for a holiday this sept and do a bit of research but not much point in heading to Rhodes if its a defo no no for beach Wedding. I know you can get married on the beach in Zante but the hotels on offer in Tsivli are not really what they are looking for - looking for a 4 or 5 star AI hotel.

Any help at all would be so appreciated :)
Hi

We are planning to wed in Rhodes in August next year, but cannot decide which wedding planners to enquire with (there seems hundreds!!),.

We have been recommended Lindos Weddings by so many people, but they do not do our chosen ceremony venue as it is outside of Lindos. Although we will be staying in the Lindos area we are keen to get married at Kalithea Spa.

If you booked your wedding through another wedding planners, which one and what was your experience?

MANY THANKS

Beccy x
Beccy
I have merged your post into the wedding thread, please take time to have a skip through, you will find several recommendation's from our happy :think brides

yasus
wizard
I used Thomas Cook when i got married there earlier this year and although the service we received here wasnt that good, once we was in resort they more than made up for it!!

You could try and contact the venue direct and see if they can help you. We stayed at the Lindos Mare hotel and they had their own hotel wedding co-ordinator so we could have booked direct with them.

Hope this helps
Claire xx
Does anybody have any experience with Infinity Weddings?

They have been the most helpful planners thatg we have contacted so far in Rhodes... :)
if you use the search facility you will find a number of referances to infinity IN THIS THREAD ashere

yasus
wizard
Shirazzy - I have booked with Infinity Weddings, although we are only in the planning stage Chrissi has been great always responds to my emails promptly, usually within 24hrs.

Good luck with your wedding planning
Louise x
Thanks Loopy,

Emailed Chrissi yesterday and she has been so helpful.

We were originally thinking of Kalithea Spa as we didn't want St Pauls Bay (nothing wrong with it - but wanted somewhere a little different as when we say to pppl we are getting married in Rhodes they all say 'oh at St Pauls Bay' it is lovely there though, We have now settled on St Georges in Lindos and have put a few dates forward to chrissi to check for us.

We are planning on August next year (as we cannot take our 6 year old daughter out of school during term time :cry - otherwise we'd of looked at June or September).

I'm just sick of waiting for holiday prices to be released!!!
Hi Shirazzy

She has been nothing but helpful to us, evening with my bridezilla moments!

We are getting married in Lindos Memories on the beach, as we also didn't want to go to St Pauls.

The brochures came out today, so you can get prices.

Lou x
Hello there. We got married at the Atrium Palace Resort in Kalathos last week. Th hotel is lovely but it's not really a Five Star, even by foreign standards. It's more like a four star but it is nice. The food is a bit repetitive but they let you swap dinners for lunches so you can eat out in Lindos which is lovely. We had a lovely room with a private pool but it never got the sun so we ended up sitting at the main pool every day anyway! Don't get sucked in to the private pool!!! Although it looked pretty!
We had a civil ceremony at the hotel, this was organised through Thomas Cook. It was very quick but to the point and the message was very family orientated so if you don't want a family in the future then you might want to write your own vows. Also the registrar didn't use our full names including middle names as Thomas Cook (who it's fair to say are next to useless) hadn't given him all the information.
The reception itself was at the Asterias Restaurant and that was nice. The food was good but I think you could have far better in Lindos for a fraction of the price. We ate at some absolutely beautiful restaurants whilst we were there and they would all hold wedding receptions or meals.
Nicola the wedding co - ordinator at the hotel was quite good. She seemed very busy though so it's best that you sort most things out yourself or you could end up getting panicky about things getting done in time. Our main complaint was the photographer they highly recommended (George) who ruined all our wedding photographs to the point where we have had to use photoshop to cut and paste heads onto bodies! This man who we were told was a professional and certainly charged a ‘professional' rate was an amateur with no skill whatsoever. His own son admitted to us that he must've been having a bad day that day! The whole experience was horrible and rushed. George was bad tempered and rude to our guests, he did not stay to take any photos by the beach or any natural non posed shots at all. We hardly have any decent photographs of the day now. The whole experience put a cloud over our last 4 days there which we spent trying to speak to Nicola and fighting to try to get the mess sorted out. We have returned home feeling disappointed and annoyed that we were forced to pay for photographs when some of our guests had taken better ones. Nicola and the team at the hotel were not helpful in resolving the matter and it certainly wasn't dealt with professionally at any stage. No one could be found when it came to check out which was convenient and neither Nicola nor the hotel manager were picking up their phones. We were left in a position where we had to pay for the photos with a 15euro discount, which was just insulting really after we had spent so much in the hotel and so had our guests. We have complained reasonably on our return home to no success.
If we had our time again we DEFINITELY would not get married at that hotel and we certainly wouldn't recommend anyone or anything connected to the hotel to people which is why we are writing this review now. Whilst we had a nice day, there were many things that could have been better and the fact that no one at the hotel dealt with the (big) issue that we had adequately makes us wonder what would have happened if something had gone wrong on the day itself. Would they all have vanished into thin air then as well?! And left us to pick up the pieces and make the best of what we could. You can't take a chance when it's your wedding day, you only get one and you can never recreate it. Don't take a chance on this hotel they could easily let you down as they have done with us.
If you want any more info then contact us privately. We hope you find this review useful.

Zarina and Steve.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I shall copy your post to the Rhodes forum so that members looking for similar information can benefit.

luci :wave
shepj7 Post subject: HONEYMOON IN GREECE
Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Posts: 27 I am trying to plan my honeymoon for early July 2010. We want to go somewhere we havent been, Greece being one of them. Has anyone got any great suggestions on where is good to go in Greece and any nice hotel suggestions?? We want somewhere that has a nice pool and is near the beach. Not to far from some bars and places to eat, not too busy but not too quiet with nothing to do either!!

well girls any thoughts ..if so please post answers in the greece an other islands thread

thanks
wizard
Hi Zarina and Steve

I can imagine that you are gutted that your wedding didnt go as planned. We also used Thomas Cook for our wedding in May this year and found Louise our wedding coordinator out there so helpful. Whenever we needed anything confirming or just some reassurance that everthing was ok she gave us her number to call (which we did on many occasions, lol). We got married at st pauls chapel and stayed at the lindos mare, which was amazing, the best hotel hat we have ever stayed in.
We also used George for our photography and the pictures are fantastic. He was a little bossy with how he wanted us to stand etc but not rude in anyway to either us or our guests. We have got plenty of natural shots of us walking thorough the Lindos streets etc. To be honest i liked the fact that he told us what to do as im not a photographer and wouldnt have known how to pose otherwise.
There is nothing that i would have changed about our wedding at all and so happy how it all turned out.
I would be fuming if the day wasnt how i wanted it to be, have you tried complaining to Thomas Cook about it?

Claire xx
Hi
Please can anyone recommend a hairdresser and make up artist in Lindos .We are getting married on the 27th September 2010 .

Also has anyone been to Kavos Taverna in Pefkos? Is it nice etc ?
We are looking for a Mamma Mia feel to our reception , lots of candles etc !! If anyone can recommend a place that would be fab ? :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.