Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi everyone,

I have been to Rhodes quite a lot and even worked out there (as a dreaded rep for a dreaded tour operator!) but I am too in need of advice.

Firstly, I also need to get in contact with a make-up artist.....any luck with searches?

We know where we want our reception (Philosophia - Pefkos) but I need some help with greek words.....I want the tables to have NAMES rather than NUMBERS but my greek is VERY limited! Any good greek speakers on here?

Thanks
Katie
I get by with everyday Greek it depends on what you need, I don't read Greek very well

yasus
wizard
hi we got married two years ago and used lindos weddings dot co dot uk not dot com they were brilliant.
hi all,
My boyfriend and i are getting married at St Pauls Bay on the 29th of july. we have booked through first choice.

we are staying in pefkos at the pefkos beach resort.

after the ceremony we were wondering about having a boat trip back to pefkos where we have still yet to decide upon a reception! aaaaarrrgggghhh!

we would be really gratefull if u all could give us an idea of a price for 12 people for the boat trip and if any of you have any ideas for a small low key reception. we were thinking of dinner on the beach, never been to pefkos so dont know if any restraunts do this.

thank you, look forward to reading your advice.
hi dmb84.....my son did same as your doing....st pauls bay and pefkos....dont know about on the beach....but we had a lovely evening reception in one of the resturants...there were only 8 of us....but room for more round the table....on a balcony seperated from the main resturant....lovely veiw towards the sea....quiet and intimate....cant remember place name but will find out....tweetie
try med east in Lindos we had our recption there it is perfect. check it out we have a site if you google olivegrovevilla then check the guide to lindos it got some pice of the view etc.
Hi all,
We are getting married on 27th May 2011 and im looking for a bit of info :)

we are considering taking a champagne cruise after the ceremony, and if possible, i would like to arrive by boat.
Firstly, has anyone got any idea of prices for this, and secondly, do we still have to approach St Pauls chapel by the steep hill, or does arriving and leaving by boat cut this out? ( a couple of my party have mobility problems)

Also, we are staying at the Matina apartments in Pefkos, and have noticed that they offer wedding receptions, has anyone held their reception there and would you reccomend?

Cheers
Ali ;)
hi alicop....I went tro my sons wedding last year ...he used st pauls chapel too....we went by taxi which dropped us off at the top of a long steep path going down to the bay itself....and at the botom was the entrance to st pauls chapel....if this is the slope you mean then going by boat will cut it out...we didnt use the boat but I watched another party come out of the chapel and leave using the boat....the boat was anchored in the bay near the entrance to st pauls chapel......there are steps to the chapels gateway and I dont remember if there was any other way to enter for people with dissabilities.....tweetie
thanks tweetie, thats good to know, steps should be ok, but a long walk up a steep hill may be too much.
:)
hello all,

not sure if anyone can help, but.....I got married in 2006 in rhodes, but for one reason or another never got around to getting my driving license or passport changed to my married name. Passport need renewing now so gotta sort it out, i had the wedding certificate translated on return, but never got round to sending it to the embassy to be stamped. I've phoned the translator today who said these days they dont always ask for it to be stamped as she is an official translator, i've tried ringing both the passport office and the dvla but cant get through to either, has anyone sent theres off recently, and did they need the stamp from the embassy on it or was just the translation enough?
Thanks in advance x
We are thinking of getting married next August in Rhodes as we were looking to stay at the Lindia Thalassa in Pefkos (through First Choice) for two weeks anyway. I must admit I do not know anything about getting married abroad and was wondering about a few things like:
Does it work out very expensive on top of the holiday price?
Would it still be a nice way to get married if only myself and my partner and 14 year old daughter were there?
Are they able to tell you exactly what day they will marry you on (in case any friends or family did want to fly out for a few days)
Would they supply witnesses if we did not have any adults with us?
Thank you for any advice.
if you scan back through this thread you will find most of the info you need [paperwork,certificates etc] EXCEPT prices, generally if you can spare the time and put in the effort, it will be cheaper to organise your own, next would be an independent planner, most expensive will be using th tour operator to sort things out

yasus
wizard
hi voldfi.....my eldest son got married in Lindos last august......they had the ceromony at the little white church in st pauls bay ....there wasnt that many of us who could get out there for the wedding ....just the brides mum and dad , my second eldest who was best man , myself and my youngest son ......it was a beautiful wedding ........I would say lovely for just yourselves and daughter......we all stayed in Pefkos too at the marianthi studios......they used the first choice wedding planner and the girl they had was brilliant and everything went really well......but I think it would depend on the girl doing the job at the time............I know they had a bit of running around doing official stuff here in england before they went out to rhodes.....and had a few bills to pay they didnt expect because of that.....and had some official stuff to do when they arrived in rhodes.....they told me some couples have a ceromony in rhodes but then have to go have a civil ceromony in a registery office when they get back to england ...they didnt want to do that ....they wanted just one ceromony in rhodes that was legal for england too....and some of the official stuff and costs were because of this.....tweetie
Just wanted to say all the best to anybody planning a future wedding in Rhodes.
Me and my partner married at St George's in Lindos on Sep 21st,and had the most amazing day,mainly due to the brilliance of Lindos Weddings and their staff.If you are using the services of Karen and Laurence,you won't be dissapointed,they take all the stress and hassles out of the occasion,leaving you to enjoy your big day to the full
Voldfi
I agree with Didger, My wife and I also used Karen and Laurence to plan our wedding 4 years ago, They were so good our friends are using them for their wedding next June.
They take all the stress out of the day, yes you have to do a bit however Karen points you in the right direction for your paperwork etc, I recall the hardest thing Sue and I had to do was select our rings.
Our family and friends always comment on our day and the expertise of Karen.
I would recommend you give her a call or email you will not be disapointed.
Good luck
Where do I find out about these brilliant people - do I search on the internet for Lindos Weddings?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.