Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
wedding in Rhodes
958 Posts
thanks wizard, i was reading this last night so i am not sure why i didn't post here to begin with :think
Hi Yummymummy,

We got married at St Pauls Bay in September 2008 and we used Karen and Laurence. They are fab nothing is any bother to them or there team.

St Pauls Bay sits just behind Lindos at the foot of the Acropolis so still in Lindos. We had our meal at Arhontico which is in Lindos and a short walk away, if memory serves me well it was thirty or thirty five euros per head. We had all greek and it was a great meal. You can chose either a set meal or people can order what they want. The staff there were also fab.
Cannot offer any advice on boats as we did not do this, we opted to walk across the small beach and have a champagne reception on a private deck where you look across the water and can see the chapel.
Hope this helps, if you have any further queries shout away and I am sure you will get loads of help from previous brides.

Bubs :cheers
Hello bubs, thanks for sharing your experience. Karen always replies to my emails promptly, and i will be booking with her sometime during the next week or so.

We have brought our wedding forward to september 2011, which only gives us 11 months to save , but it is do-able :cheers
Hia,

Excellent and of course it is do-able. We decided in the febuary and got married in the september. The less time you have to stress the better I say.
Look forward to hearing updates. Bubs x
Thankyou bubs.

I have booked the wedding for 13th September, and paid my deposit :) I will be meeting the wedding planner early next year to go through the details.

Can i just ask if you ordered your flowers over there?

I really shouldn't be asking these questions now, as it's months away :rofl
You welcome yummymummy,

We ordered our flowers through Karen and Laurence also, I sent them a few pictures of what I was after and to be honest they were much better than what I was looking for. And hey the more questions and the more you organise now the less stress you have nearer the time. Our anniversary is the 8th September so I wont forget your day.
We are hoping to be in Rhodes next september so I may even have a sneaky peak. Again any more questions fire away. Bubs x
Hello,

Don't know if anyone uses this now as not a lot seems to been posted since last year.

We are getting married in Lindos in Sept 2012 & using Lindos Wedding, can't wait. We have been to Rhodes for the last 5 years & going again in Sept this year, we love it & Pefkos where we stay. Taking my parents this year so they can see what it's like for next year - hope they like it.

Look forward to chatting

Fawny
hi Fawny....I went to my sons wedding a few yrs ago in Lindos....we stayed in Pefkos too...they married at St Pauls chapple....it was brilliant ....all of it.....good luck....you will have a lovely time...am jealous....want to go back myself sometime in the future.....tweetie
hi Fawny....think this topic is quiet as maybe couples holding back...worried about finances with the cut backs ect...and cost of living going up the wat it is...its had an effect all over

Just wondered how you got on....Im off to pefkos in july ...and will also be there in sept....

Hope you find this in your email inbox...and come on for a chat...tweetie
Hi Tweetie Pie,

It could be that although there are so many different wedding forums these days, I think this one has maybe been forgotten about. I know one the others there are plenty of us getting married abroad this year & next. Lucky you getting to go twice to Pefkos, can't wait until we go in September to get married. Plans are coming along great & Lindos Weddings have been amazing in getting everything booked that we want. We are spending a bit more than we originally though but thats because we have added things & I still think it's a lot cheaper than if we were doing it here. There will be 15 of us going in Sept for our wedding so a good number & everyone is staying in different appartments depending on what they want. I'm staying in 3 different place in the two weeks :D As we are staying at the Dimitris as normal, then I'm staying at Island Blue where my parents are the night before the wedding & then we have a few days in a 5* in Lindos after the wedding(Now I know why it's all added up) Anyway I'm sure it will be fantastic & thanks for thinking of me.

Fawny.
hi fawny...nice to hear things are going well..your wedding Im sure will be fantastic....Im planning for the 19th or 26th sept...only going to be me and hubby in sept...so while he is doing his best to cook himself as usual...Il be out and about...and couldnt think of a nicer way to spend a few hours...than watching the brides come down the slope to st pauls...it is magical...much more natural and appropriate for such a happy event than walking down the aisle ....so dont be nervous...chill out...and feel the joy and good wishes being sent your way by the people you pass....Im going armed with my confetti... :rofl ...sad I know ...but I have such lovely memories of my sons wedding ...will be nice to sit on the wall and reminis..good luck....tweetie
Hi, I am starting to plan our wedding for 2014!! Never been to Rhodes but always wanted to and we've fallen in love with the Acropolis and chapel at St Pauls Bay!

Anyway I was looking for advice, I've heard bad reports about booking the wedding through the tour operator (First Choice/Thomson) but they are about £400 cheaper than going with a wedding planner. I read nothing but good reports about Lindos Weddings and Karen has been very helpful...... so the question is, is it worth paying the extra for a planner? The packages actually seem similar when you really look at what you get, you have to pay extra for the document administration and photography with both, but was hoping that someone who has first hand experience could offer their perspective?!

Thanks
Yes yes yes, it is very much worth the extra money & having an independed wedding planner. If you have read the reviews & seen the problems people have had with the tour operators then I think it's worth the £400. Book your holiday with the tour operator they are good at booking holidays they are not wedding planners! We are getting married in Sept & booked with Lindos Weddings & they have been amazing, if you have never been before then you need expert knowledge of the island & reception venues that they can give you, a holiday rep who has been tasked with been the wedding planner for the season can't give you that. If you book it with the holiday company you can only arrange things when they are in resort, May - October the wedding planners are there all year round, also reps often change each year, so you may start dealing with one rep but it could be a different one the next year. Take a read of this http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/weddings-abroad/my-big-fat-greek-wedding/373087-2.html
Thanks for that! I think sometimes you can just be a bit cynical and wonder if you are just wasting money when it could be better spent elsewhere, but I don't want to run the risk of ruining our wedding day!

I'll check out that link, thanks.

Good luck with yours, are you doing st Pauls bay? I've seen a venue that I think looks amazing for the reception - Philosophia's Beach taverner in Pefkos, have you heard of it?
Hi,
I know & you think £400 could be spent on something else but i'm so glad we used Karen, they have been great & so organised I am 100% confident that we will have an amazxing time. When we booked last year we had our wedding date & time confirmed with 48 hours, I've just read on another forum that a girl has been told it could be 8 weeks before her date is given to her & she has booked with a tour operator. Yes we are going to St Pauls & then having a boat cruise. We are having our reception at the Melenos in Lindos as we only have a small wedding party so can splash out :)

I know Karen works with Philosophia's Beach Tavern & it looks beautiful done up for a wedding. We had a drink in there last year one day & the setting is really beautiful. We are going to eat there this year without a doubt.

Whatever you decide to do I am sure you will have a lovely time.
I've just been on that forum you suggested, seems Philosophia's is popular! It does look like a beautiful setting, waiting to hear back from them re:prices.

I've not picked a hotel yet, there could be as many as 36 people including children so I'm trying to find a hotel that caters for everyone - not fun!

Good luck with yours, I've seen pictures of the Melenos and it is simply stunning :)

I'm hoping that we may be able to do a boat cruise from St Pauls to Pefkos after the ceremony (if we go with Philosophias) but not actually sure how far it is from the chapel! These are things a local planner could help me with I guess.

Thanks so much for responding, sometimes its nice just to have someone echo your thoughts and reassure you :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.