In July/August this year, me and my family went on our first keycamp holiday, to France.

We went on 3 sites, and had no problem with any of them - loved the sites, loved the accommodation, loved France..... loved it all really, and had a fantastic holiday (so much so that we have just booked again to go next summer).

We did, however, have a problem with one of the sites.....

We spent 7 nights at Berney, and on arrival, we noticed thay the gas wasn't behaving properly on the cooker hob.
I got a rep to have a look at it, and she thought the bottle had run out.
When she tried to replace it, she descovered that the bottle wasn't empty at all, and suggested that there was a fault on the hob, and that we shouldn't use it until an engineer had seen it.
She the very kindly gave us her electric kettle to use so at least we could make a hot drink.

The next day, a different rep come to visit and asked if we had settled in ok.... We explaind about the hob again, and he promised to get it seen to.

To cut a very long story short, 5 days laiter, we were still without the use of the hob, and I went and blew my top at the Keycamp site manager.

Strangely, he couldn't find any log of our fault (which explaind why it hadn't been fixed yet.....), but did manage to get the engineer out there and then.

Upon inspection, the engineer descovered that there was no fault with the hob at all - it simply had not been put back together properly after it had been cleaned...........

Obviously, we were not pleased...... We had been told not to use the equipment despite there not actually being anything wrong with it.

Upon our return home, I wrote out a complaint to Keycamp, and explained that we had spent over 250euros eating out rather than cooking ourselves, and that we wanted an appology for the situation.

On monday evening, I received a phone call from a very nice lady in the Customer Satisfaction dept, appologising, and also offering to refund the 250euros (despite us not having receipts for restaurants etc) plus an additional £75 as a good will gesture...

Now, I have heard many stories about people having to fight tooth and nail for compensation, so I thought it would be nice to share with you my experiance.

You have to agree, that Keycamp came up trumps here, and I think they deserve a pat on the back for being so helpful....