Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Helen
Can't help you with info on WendyWu but we did a 27 day tour of China last year with CTS Horizons and they were extremely good.

CTS do a wide range of China tours as well as Rest of the World.
I seriously considered booking the China Highlights tour with Wendy Wu but I compared them closely, the itineraries were almost identical and the prices within £15 pp but the CTS one just seemed slightly better.

If you want to know more, I'll be happy to either pm you or post on the board.
I actually did a long review of our tour on here too.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Many thanks for replying so quickly, it would be really kind of you if you could repeat your report here :)
Hi Helen
Here's the website:
http://www.ctshorizons.com/china_index.asp?country_id=20&gclid=CKn108SPo5ICFQxC1Aod7XEcQg

There's lots of different tours, it depends what's on your 'must see' list.
We actually started off wanting to do a Yangzte cruise as part of our trip but the more we researched, the less it appealed.
You might find some more feedback on WendyWu on Tripadvisor.

Here's the link to my trip report:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=127655&p=1276585&hilit=cts+horizons#p1276585
CTS have slightly changed the itinerary of the China Panorama tour that they now offer.

Regardless of which Tour Operator or particular tour you decide on, you might find some useful information in my report from 'General Points' onwards.
Our next big trip is likely to be Cambodia, Vietnam and maybe Laos in early February 2011 and I'll definitely consider using CTS again if their tour looks like being the best on offer.
We rang them a few times both before booking and after with some questions and they were pretty efficient.

One thing to consider:
although CTS and most other companies offering similar organised group tours advertise certain dates, you may find that you first choice date is cancelled because of insufficient take-up.
That was one of the questions we asked CTS - how many people were booked for each advertised departure date.
As we were not tied to a particular date, we booked on the one with most bookings and as it turned out, that date DID go but 3 other couples on our tour had booked for other dates but were asked if they would be willing to change.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.
Thank you again. You did have a super trip. Hope we can contact you again with other questions .
Of course, Helen.
Just ask any questions (probably better on the Far East forum) and you'll get loads of advice. :tup

Or as I said earlier, you can pm me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.