Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Am sorry to hear this cartman is there anything we can do to help?
The love is still here, dont worry,

some of us on this forum cant wait for our holidays and to get back to Goa, yes places change, everywhere changes, people change and nothing will put all of us who love Goa and the time we spend there, off going back and looking forward and totally enjoying our holiday. lets forget the negative vibes and look forward to a GREAT time :cheers

i know i am!! :tup
Sorry cartman,
Just read your post, I am here most days and answer all the questions I am able to. Which at present isn't many, as my knowledge is mainly of the South, and may not be very up to date, as I missed last season.
I understand how you feel about the present moaning and bickering, which could put people off asking for advice. I am also not " in with the weekly meets " group, but that dosn't make me feel, that my opinion is less valued, or my questions will go unanswered.
Don't stop posting, I'm sure there are many members who will want to answer.
Kind regards lassi xx
Quite right. Let's get some cheery chat going.

Cartman - When are you going? Who are you flying with? Where are you staying? What are you looking forward to the most?
it seems if you're not in with the weekly meets your opinion is always wrong and if you ask a question it mostly goes unanswered,which is why i tend not to post that often any more

Hi Cartman - Really sorry you feel that way and don't really agree. I go to the meets when we're over in Goa and believe me, everybody is welcome and there's no "us and them". I understand that some folks don't like the idea behind the meets and would prefer to maintain their independence and that's fine. You're on holiday - do what you want. However, for many people, it's a lovely informal way of meeting people who are all Goa fans and sharing information on all sorts of things.

Anyway, I fully agree that we should try to keep things positive (but let's not completely ignore the negatives - that would be daft!).

Post us some questions and let's see if we generate some replies! Feel the love in here! :tup
hi
ive got no problem with ther meets i do think they are a good idea,its mostly the moaning that gets to me,
still love goa,and love to hear about even when im not there (i like to hear the good and the bad)
xx
Don't you sometimes think that it's Goa's excenticities which make it the place we love?

Where else in the world would you put up with toilets like the ones at the beach shacks? It's all part of the charm. Once you stop finding it's ways amusing any more, it's time to move on.

Imagine how disappointed we'd all be if we got through the baggage hall without our usual fight with the people wanting to take your cases to your taxi!!
Once you stop finding it's ways aren't amusing any more, it's time to move on.

Spot on, Mobor One!
Once you stop finding it's ways aren't amusing any more, it's time to move on.

Well said, mobor one.

Unfortunately, the people who HAVE decided to move on, seem determined for some reason, that everyone else should share their disillusion with Goa. :que
well i still love it and cant wait to get back!!!!! :cheers J
I've noticed far more moany type posts too, in fact i've just submitted one about the swine flu forms :rofl :rofl Roll on Dec, I can't wait to get back to Goa :sun2 :sun2
Mobor One wrote:
Where else in the world would you put up with toilets like the ones at the beach shacks? It's all part of the charm. Once you stop finding it's ways amusing any more, it's time to move on.

lol
beach toilets are a league in their own arnt they,i remember the first time i went in one i nearlly died of shock, wasnt sure how to go without ending up with my shorts ending up in the dirt,now i always wear a dress,lol
its good to see the funny side of things like that
only a few more days till its tiom e to go go goa
They are better than when we first started going, and naively asked the shack workers where the toilet was.

"Very, very big toilet" they said, gesturing towards the sea!!!
I was at a small shack on Arossim beach, where the toilet area consisted of a couple of sheets, between poles, and inside was only a spade :think
Whenever I have to negotiate a squat toilet, I hope I am wearing a skirt, or to avoid accidents take my trousers off first :( . Men have it so much easier.
xx lassi
Had to use the squat loo's in France, Greece and Turkey years ago..........not a pleasant experience :yikes
especially when you have had too much to drink glynnis !!!!! :hols j
I read everything about Goa and must agree I have found some of the 'moany' posts a little disconcerting. I' m going to back to Goa after a 10 year break and have sometimes wondered if I'm doing the right thing :(
I always loved all the muck, the muddle, the chaotic roads and the people especially the 'indian head wobble'. Please tell me I still will. :)

10 years ago I didn't have the luxuries of travel forums or beach toilets :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.