Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
booked with first choice for sri lanka from gatwick june 30th what aircraft will it be thomson or first choice as i dont seem to be able to find any notification of a flight that day thanks in advance
What plane is a TOM7520 departing 7.20am from BHX to Palma 21/8/2009?

Thanks ;)
woodward,

It'll be a Thomson Airways Boeing 767-300/ER (ex-FCA), but I seem to remember that destination was dropped for the summer? I only have flights showing from Winter 2009 onwards (TOM042/3, commencing 06/11/2009). It might be worth a phone call? Maybe they've moved you on to an alternative flight? Refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details.

Darren
Hi,

We're flying from Newcastle to Lanzarote on 5/3/09

TOM2487/TOM2488

Could you please tell me what type of aircraft?

Thanks

Gina
Ginaw,

Welcome onboard :tup
NCL-ACE-NCL (TOM2487/8) are operated by a Boeing 737-800 (winglets). For more information, refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details. You'll find my trip reports towards the bottom of page 146 for detailed information.

Darren
Thanks Darren. We have pre-booked allocated seats on the basis of it being a 757, I thought it might be a 737-800.

Thanks again

Gina
Not so much what aircraft but please could you tell me what terminal I might be flying from?

We are going to Thailand, flying to Bangkok with Eva Airways on 4th march at 9.30pm from Heathrow and wondered which terminal we would fly from.

Many thanks.
Justval,

EVA Air operated out of Heathrows Terminal 3.

Darren
I am Flying at 7am 12th March BHX th ACE with Thomson. booked on a Premium Holiday. Does anyone know what aircraft i will be on and what is on offer with premium? All i know is we
get to sit together and have a 23kg baggage limit. Thanks in advance
HarrisonFud,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-ACE-BHX (TOM7446/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. These are all economy, they don't have a premium section. If you've booked a Thomson Platinum (Premium?) holiday, that doesn't mean you have premium seating on the aircraft. It just gives you extra luggage allowance and recognised you're staying in a high class hotel. For further information, refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread.

Darren
Meyrick.
Thomsonfly went down the lo-cost route for a while. Which the 737-300's were perfect for. BmiBaby, Jet2 etc use these aircraft. There was no need to provide IFE on these flights. Many flights were aimed as high density cheap flights, but Thomson used to mixed these flights with package holidays. As already stated it was cheaper not to have IFE installed and maintained.
They've since done a U turn on this operation (I.E closing the Coventry base, reducing flights from Doncaster, Bournemouth and even Cardiff which were the main lo-cost bases) and concentrating on charter operations sicne the merger with First Choice.

However you will be pleased to hear the 737-300 based at Cardiff will be replaced by the newer, larger 737-800 aircraft this coming may. These aircraft are newer, having better cabins, and IFE.
Some of the -300's have left the fleet, but there's still about 9 left.
Eventually the plan is new 737-800's to replace the -300's and the 757's.
Any idea on aircraft type for Thomson to Hurghada?

TOM295 - MAN - 06/03/09 to Hurghada.
jase_31,

TOM 295 is operated by a Boeing 757-200

Alasdair
Hi Darren

Thanks for your response to my previous message - see below

At the time you didn't have any further details for the summer schedule - I 'm just wondering if you had a more definate update yet?

Thanks

Ju

Good evening all. I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle !!!

Anway, it look like this is a well used topic so I'm gonna put my request in too.

Does anyone know the aircraft type for the following flights:-

Fri 8th May

Man to Antalya TOM436 dep 15.40

Tue 19th May

Antalya to Man TOM513 dep 22.40

And would they be the new livery?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ju
ju1970,

I can confirm your details for you now.

Dep MAN Fri 15:40, Arr AYT 22:00, Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y), Flight No: TOM436
Dep AYT Tue 22:40, Arr MAN Weds 01:25, Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y), Flight No: TOM513

You'll find a seating plan here (Thomson Airways short haul configuration).

Have a great time,

Darren
Darren

that is excellent work - blimey a 767 for that route!!! I havn't been a wide bodied a/c since going to Cancun 6 years ago - what a refeshing change from being couped up - do you know the seat pitch on that a/c type and upgrades that might be available from standard.

Thanks

Ju
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.