Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren

I asked about flights from Newcastle to Lanzarote TOM2487/8 for which you kindly provided information that it would be operated by a 737-800. I wonder if you could confirm the seating plan you referred me to on Thomson Airways thread. Are the extra legroom seats in rows 15 and 16? I have booked row 12 as extra legroom and Thomsonfly tell me that is right.

Thanks in advance

Gina
Ginaw,

Extra Legroom Seats Are Located At Rows 15 and 16 On The 737-800 , Seating Plan Here

Row 12 Is The Extra Legroom On The Boeing 757-200s, But Looking At The Schedule Yours Is To Be A 737-800 And It Has Been The 737-800s That Have Been Opperating It Recently, Seating Plan For 757s Here

Maybee Is Is Worth Giving Thomson A Ring Just To Double Check

Gower
Thanks Gower

i've just checked AGAIN with Thomson and they still insist it's a 757 with extra legroom row 12. I'm not convinced but we'll see on the day!

Thanks again

Gina
Ginaw,

I have the aircraft schedule in front of me and it's suggesting a boeing 737-800 is operating your flight. There's only one flight per week in the winter season and it's been a 738 all season. Unless they've decided to change types on that day for operational reasons? You are correct with the seating details. You've done all you can and checked with them.

Darren
Hi Darren

It isn't really a problem for us as we'll get extra legroom seats whatever the configuration. However we have booked seats for our daughter, son in law and grandchildren in 12A, 13ABC so we could all sit together. They are booked on a different holiday with First Choice. I'm just a bit concerned that they will get these seat numbers on a 737-800 which they would not have chosen. Not much I can do anyway. Thanks for your reply

Gina
Hi all just wondered what type of plane I.e EX fca or EX tom because as i understand it if its ex fca i cant pre book seats but if it`s ex tom then i can...

I am flying from gatwick to punta cana (unsure of flight numbers sorry) 28th may..

Is there more seats in ex tom a/c compared to ex fca a/c
skootsmon,

Your flight numbers for LGW-PUJ-LGW are TOM070/1. I can't be certain whether it'll be an ex-FCA or ex-TOM at the moment. It's normally an ex-FCA but has reverted to an ex-TOM at the moment while aircraft are in heavy maintenance. I'll be able to confirm it either way in May. With any luck, Thomson Airways will be introducing 'select your seat' when they commence in May. The ex-TOM aircraft are slightly higher desnsity as they are configured 2-4-2 in economy compared to 2-3-2 on the ex-FCA.

Darren
Hi Dazbo
Sorry to ask you the same old question but was is the seat configuration for our flight this Sunday Manchester to Cancun TOM193

thank you very much

Kazee x
Kazee,

No change since last time; ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER so 2-3-2 throughout. BY-TOM-AMM-FCA has kindly posted the Mar / Apr IFE listing here.

Darren
is the ex FCA better than Thomson then Darren or nothing specific.

Cheers

Kazee x
Kazee,

you'll find loads of information over on the dedicated Thomson Airways thread. The ex-FCA aircraft are the nicer ones in my opinion as they're configured 2-3-2 in economy rather than 2-4-2. There's a bit more elbow room. I prefer the light green leather seating as well rather than the dark blue. Service levels are the same though. Have a look out for the modified What Aircraft topic later on this evening for more information (that'll make sense later this evening!).

Darren
Following introduction of a new and hopefully much improved format, this topic is now closed.

For our replacement topic, which includes Darren's new quick reference guide and links to our individual airline topics, please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.