Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
TK is Turkish Airlines - could it be that?
TRK is the flight code for Turkuaz Airlines - a small Turkish airline operating flights to Europe this summer.

Hope this helps! :tup
Sam
More on Turkuaz Airlines in THIS topic.

David :wave
I have just had a look on manchester airports website to see which terminal it flys out from, and it only lists Turkish airline, and their code is TK.
The flight i am planning on booking is Turkuaz airlines, and their code is TRK. I cant find this on manchester airport so im a bit worried.

To be honest im not very happy booking with an airline who i dont know much about, because what happens if they go out of business.
But then again, i dont want to pay an extra couple of hundred pounds just to fly with a well known airline like first choice.
Yummymummy

I hear what you say about costing more, but it isnt just profit factor. Airlines like First Choice have first class Pilotage and Engineering, audited, checked and well trained in all up to date safety procedures. That`s why it costs more money to fly with them. You get what you pay for.
hmm, now you've got me thinking. I have looked into it and i can travel with monarch for about 30pounds per person more. Ive travelled with monarch quite a few times (long haul), and although i dont rate their planes for entertainment, id certainly use them again for a short/mid haul flight.
The Manchester airport website is not updated all that reguarly so this will be why your flight is not yet listed. I have seen this airline's flights being sold on many websites; Lowcostholidays, TravelRepublic, Goldtrail, On The Beach Holidays to name but a few. These companies would not want to ruin their reputation and use an airline that will go bust half way through the summer. Turkuaz Airlines will operate to Manchester every day of the week but Tuesday. This shows the tour operators must feel they are fairly trustworthy and reliable (otherwise they wouldn't be using them - especially 6 times per week!)
I can't tell you which flight to book as this is your choice but hopefully this clarifies a few concerns! ;)

Sam
yummymummy,

These ad-hoc charter airlines aren't always listed on Manchester Airports website. There are a few airlines that operate to/from Manchester that aren't listed so I wouldn't worry. They are a new operator so they probably haven't had change to update the website as yet. I suspect they'll be operating out of Terminal 2.

paully,

That might be a little harsh. The airline is approved to operate in european airspace and meets all necassary safety standards. If they didn't, they wouldn't be permitted to leave the ground.

Darren
Darren

Not harsh at all just making a statement of fact. Where have I made any criticism of this company. Just pointing out why airlines, like First Choice as well as Lufthansa and KLM often cost more to fly with. Not all airlines have the same standards sad to say, no matter where they fly.....sorry if I have offended the plane spotters..
paully,

It's not naive at all. The standards required in order to operate aircraft in european airspace as set out by the relevant authorities is very high and are operated by fully qualified crew. Just ask Onur Air and several other airlines who've had first hand experience of the blacklist and associated bans. This is a new airline operating brand new aircraft. Going on your assumptions, Ryanair and Easyjet are airlines to stay clear of? Thomson Airways, other charter airlines and many of the full fare schedule carriers operate under a different business model than the low cost carriers. They save costs on things like not including inflight entertainment or charging extra for luggage, having deals with airports and advertisers. They don't save money by skimping on maintenance.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.