Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Jenni,

If you look the topic, Turkeys bargain days are over(on this page), this will pretty much answer your question. As for currency they have a preference for sterling, though in general they will take pretty much anything !! It is the same as here, shop around for the best deals. All the best.

Les
Well the prices in Gumbet hadn't changed much over the last few years but obvioulsy no-on eknows what the prices will be like this year. I don't think they will change too much this year though.
Unless there's been a massive price hike, bread and water are cheap in Turkey. The price of the crusty loaf you can buy everywhere is state controlled and last year was 75 kurus (about 32p) - and it's delicious.

As has been said before, you can eat cheap or expensive in Turkey - depends where you go. Have a look around - and if you want a cheaper meal, maybe try some of the restaurants that aren't right on the front, etc.

Also we've never had a problem paying in lira anywhere in Turkey - they will take sterling as well but usually give the same exchange rate as you can get in the resort. You'll need lira for smaller items as well, eg water, bread, etc.

JAK xx
I was surprised at Jenni's comments. Prices seemed roughly the same last year in Turunc as the previous year, so wouldn't expect Gumbet to be any different. As Jakki said some of the prices for basics are state controlled so not sure if anyone could get away with higher prices.
We have a water delivery service to our apartment and it was 4 TL for a massive bottle last year. You buy the pump that attachs to the top (its very cheap and has lasted a couple of years so far), then when the water is getting low you text for a new bottle which sometimes arrives almost immediately, and they replace the old one.
I'm sure this service must be available in all the resorts.
The exchange rate so far has held up this year, so fingers crossed will continue to do so into the holiday season
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.