General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I would say it all depends on what country your going to first. Depends on prices of food/drinks e.t.c, and what there is to see and do at the resort. Do you like going out of the hotel, walking and sightseeing. If you do then I wouldn't go AI as unless you've got money to eat and drink out after paying for an AI then you won't want to leave the hotel. I find I don't see much of the resort if we go AI as we begrudge paying for things when it's already included in the hotel. If all you intend doing is lying by the poolside and staying in your hotel then I find AI great and well worth the money, especially if you have children who want pop and ice-creams all day. We do both and enjoy both as much as each other. I find going SC the most expensive way as I don't do any cooking (after all I'm on my holidays) so all meals are bought out. We lovely trying out different restaurants and taking a walk in the evenings though.
On a tight budget a decent AI all the way for me, We love eating at at different restaurants and bars every night but the way the euro is at the moment its an expensive experience esp with little ones.

I posted on here a couple of years ago that we had only spent forty odd quid when we went to fuerteventura AI for a week a couple of years ago, (it raised a few moans to!!) but we had a great hotel and never felt the need to eat/drink out.

Its all about budget I suppose . But when you are paying for three meals a day, drinks ,day and night etc It mounts up very fast. AI does get boring food wise after a while. We did AI in Ibiza last year for two weeks and ate out four times just to break it up a bit.

No good scrimping on the hotel tho as if its poor you will end up eating out anyway so a bit of research pays dividends ;)
Unless you literaly do self cater (no eating out) AI isthe better option. :sun2
I have done both and find AI much more economical - as already said unless you buy produce (local not british brand from supermarkets) and cook yourself, also the drink I don't just mean alcohol but fizzy pop etc it can soon mount up I prefer AI and for me travelling alone It would not be economical to travel SC now anyway I would have to pay under occupancy and cost would be daft.
If you are choosing the most economical way to holiday, I'd agree AI works out cheaper- well at least in our experience it does. Despite this we prefer to self cater or go B&B when in Europe. The latter has suited our needs better lately as we don't actually cook in the room but eat out all the time so we don't need cooking facilities. I've found that you can get some good B&B properties for the same price as a self catering so that swings it for us :tup
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've gone and booked an all inclusive, leaving in 3 weeks, am very excited!!

And as someone said about researching; I'm a massive fan of tripadvisor, I would never book a hotel without looking at the reviews!
Don't forget to check out the hotel reviews on here too louise - lots of reviews are there - have a good holiday :cheers
Where have you booked Louise?

I'm going to the Aparthotel Altamar in Gran Canaria :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.