Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I can't help you with the situation at the Australian end but the first thing you'll need to decide on is how you are going to answer the question 'Has anybody asked you to carry something for them?' at check-in. I would suggest that it's probably better to wrap presents once you arrive and also make sure that you know exactly what is in every parcel that you are taking out on behalf of someone else. Not because I think that there might be something suspect about the parcel - I'm sure that you'd never agree to carry something on behalf of somebody you didn't know really well - but because the security people will if you appear at all unsure or hesitant about what it is you have in your luggage. You can do without that sort of hassle at the beginning of a trip like this.

SM
Anything packed in 'checked in' luggage should be ok wrapped but it's best not to wrap anything that is carried through security.
Quarantine restrictions apply to many raw foods and certain processed foods brought through the airport or mailed to Australia. The following items are prohibited:
"¢ eggs and egg products
"¢ dairy products
"¢ uncanned meat
"¢ seeds and nuts
"¢ fresh fruit and vegetables

For more information go to this site.

http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis

fwh
Thank you for your replies.

The presents I am dropping off fror Father Christmas are for my children and from my Mum. They are wrapped, but I bought them myself for her to give to them, so I am confident that I can explain what they are (they are a computer game each for their hand held console).

Dairy products - does that include selection boxes, chocolate coins etc?
You can take chocolate - my Mum took out loads of choc buttons for her great grandchildren in August - we packed them in her hold luggage. Just make sure you declare everything!

You can't take anything wooden in - something to do with disease I think.

Personally I think it would be better to take presents unwrapped - easier if the customs want to check them. You can always wrap them there.

Pippa
Sorry, I couldn't find a relevant thread... please feel free to move it!

I'm off to Perth in June to stay with family (considering a move in 2009)

My cousin is over there and has asked me to bring some walkers crisps, bisto gravy and cadburys chocolate because you can't get them over there!

I have heard customs are strict, I've searched for information on whether I can take them but can't find anything... can anyone help? Am I allowed to take crisps, gravy and chocolate into the country?
Hi dramaqueen ... I have merged your enquiry with this recent similar topic, which may be of some help.

David :wave
Thanks David!

Doh! How didn't I see that before!
There's nothing better than some hearty, home-cooked British food. But sometimes, it can be hard to find. That's why we've put together a list of bisto gravy recipes to help you make the most of the bisto gravy you buy from us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.