General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
There are some great programmes on the Travel channel.Sky 251 and 252.
Globe Trekker is my favourite. :tup
I would like to see a new holiday program but alot more balanced than most of the old ones finished, I do not know one person on a normal holiday that stays in a 5 star hotel but the presenters all thought we were on there wages. Nice and all round with holidays with ordinary people most of the time but a bit of luxury to tempt me for the special occasions
I'd be happy to see a few re-runs of the older programmes and also dont really understand why they dont show this type of thing anymore.

It's all stuff like Sun, Sea and Suspicious parents :roll: which is really not my cup of tea at all.

I'd rather see beautiful beaches, scenery and different styles of accommodation, maybe a touch of what a Country has to offer culture wise, not too struck on watching drunks jumping headlong into 5 inches of water and their resultant trip to A&E.

Doe :sun2
I used to love all those holiday shows. When I was a child I would watch them and dream of being a holiday rep when I grew up ;)
I love watching Globe Trekker. In fact I love all travel programmes but that is the best there is at the moment...IMHO of course.
Millemiglia, like you. I would really love some holiday programmes too. What I miss most are the holidays for sale. Thomas Cook had a website and my last 2 holidays were booked because I had seen hotels I liked on their page. I find myself now watching Sun,sea and A&E, at least I see a glimpse of beach there. I don't mind Globe Trotter but most of these are from places I'd not be so keen to go to. Now, not getting to go regularly on holiday as I used to, I yearn for some nice holiday programmes to fill the void!
Hi
I miss the holiday programmes...I watch endless repeats of a place in the sun now....at least you see some of the local area eventhough it is from years ago when you could buy apartments for next to nothing :D
M
eventhough it is from years ago when you could buy apartments for next to nothing

you can again in most of spain, prices have droped between 15 and 40 %
I was watching Globe Trekker the other day and thinking just that. I too watch A place in the Sun over and over but its mostly Spain and France or Australia and hardly ever in my beloved Greece.
I think there is a real gap in the market for a main stream travel show.
I am enjoying watching The Mighty Mississippi with Trevor McDonald on ITV on Tuesday evenings.
club reps series do come on now and again but late in the night/early morning, its like repeats tho
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.