Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Claire

Most hotels/resorts will have a gala dinner over christmas and new year. It is basically a meal of various courses, drinks and entertainment. You say that your hotel includes this, make sure before you go that you don't have to book for it by a certain date. Last year we spent christmas and new year in Tenerife, both the christmas and new year gala evenings where we were staying had to be booked in advance. So far in advance we weren't even in Tenerife at the time and we arrived there 16th December.

Regards Jackie
Hi Claire,
We also go out on the 29th and l automatically assumed the Gala meal was included in the price of the package holiday but now Jackie has said that it may not l have emailed Portland to make sure.
I would do the same if l were you,better to be safe than sorry.We had a Gala meal last New Year(which was in the price)it was fantastic, excellent food and plenty of free wine plus we were serenaded through out the meal.Hope this years is as good.
Angie
We've been to two. The first at the Lanzarote Princess was quite a formal affair with a sit down multi-course dinner all waiter served (everyone claps as each course is brought out) and very drawn out. I remember we had two very young children then and as anyone with kids knows, there is a finite time in which they'll sit still at a dinner table, so we ended up leaving about half way (2 hours) through.

The second at the Playa La Arena was kind of a posh buffet (fillet steak, smoked salmon, king prawns) and the Friexenet Cordon Negro, wine, beer and soft drinks were complimentary all the time you were at the table. This suited us much better and was very enjoyable.

Worth checking it's all included (though it usually is with a package booking) as they can cost £50+ per head when you DIY it, and they're usually compulsory.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.