Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
we went about 6years ago and I was shocked to see how much more the area has grown !!!!
it was busy when we went but nothing like it is now.
we certinally wont rush to go there.
Watched about 5 minutes of the program and it was switched off, I can't cope with the lack of morals and respect
I was absolutely shocked at what I watched last night we have been to sunny beach 7 times and although you do see them all meeting in the main square before they go on the pub crawls we have never once seen any of that behaviour that programme has made it look really bad which is a shame its a lovely place it wont put us off going back if you stay away from the clubs you wont see this behaviour
topofthetower wrote:
I was absolutely shocked at what I watched last night we have been to sunny beach 7 times and although you do see them all meeting in the main square before they go on the pub crawls we have never once seen any of that behaviour that programme has made it look really bad which is a shame its a lovely place it wont put us off going back if you stay away from the clubs you wont see this behaviour

I agree with the above, I love Sunny Beach and have never seen the likes, I will most defifnately be back.
I have no doubt that, just like the BBC 3 programme last Autumn, certain examples of the ridiculous behaviour were, shall we say, "encouraged" by the camera crew. I made a formal complaint to the BBC after the last fiasco, as friends of ours had actually seen the crew setting up some of the outrageous stuff, but the BBC of course denied it. Some of it was true of course, teenagers & alcohol will always result in stupidity, but in 17 years of Bulgarian holidays, I have never seen anything like the behaviour shown last night.
I have been going to SB every year for years and can honestly say I have never seen such behaviour in that time. If you noticed most of the antics were centred around the bar reps trying to outdo one another. The party crew stick to their own bars/clubs where they can rip the youngsters off with diluted drinks etc,
I too have complained to the BBC and Channel 4 regarding their programmes but they all have deaf ears.
Friends of ours were out in the resort when filming was taking place and free drink was being offered to take part and act outrageously. In fact the hotel owner where the film crew stayed said their behaviour was even worse than that shown in the programme.
What you saw was not the real holiday experience of Sunny Beach and I for one will be back this summer.

By the way British visitors only amount to 5% of the holiday makers and most of those are families.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.