Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi

I know you asked about transfers to St Paul's Bay, St Pauls Bay and the area around Bugibba and Qawra would have a choice of nightlife and places to eat and is geared up towards tourists.

You could also look at the St Julians area which is a livelier area and is close to the nightlife capital of the island, Paceville (pronounced Patchy Ville].

As for the choice of board basis this is hard decision and only one that you can choose, however you will have to take in to account how much you eat & drink.

If you go AI will you be staying around the hotel to make it worthwhile paying the extra? Also worth noting that the AI in Malta usually isn't up to the same standards you might find in other countries.

If you do decide on AI, Half or Full board you will then have to be in the hotel for set meal times.

Self catering is a reasonable option and there are several supermarkets such as Lidl, Scotts etc and you will find that the cost of buying food and drink is considerably less than the UK.

Another option might be to go B&B which lets you have a breakfast then you can decide if you want lunch and dinner you can make your own choice of where and when.
i was thinking of St Paul's Bay but not 100% sure

thanks
I would suggest Bugibba/Qawra for your first time...

It's easy to get to from the airport by taxi or mini-bus transfer (around 30 - 40 minutes) and close to the main bus station for days out and sightseeing. If you go further along the route towards St Julian's / Paceville then sometimes you cannot get on the bus because they are full and just go sailing by.

Lots of hotels to choose from in different categories but I do know the Soreda Hotel (in Qawra) if you book half board will let you switch your evening meal for a lunch if you decided you would prefer to go out of an evening. I'm sure other hotels do this too.

You will find with Malta that people visit and return to the same hotel year upon year so there's usually a fair crowd of singles around.
You never know, you may meet up with someone else in a similar position as yourself and decided to explore together.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.