Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The cigs of 'English' brands are fake, stick to the likes of Victory.

The cost of victory is about 2.60 leva a pack of 20.

Patka
thanks Patka

Was wondering if L&M's are sold over there, I know the british ciggie L&B's (Lambert & Butler) will be fake
fiona :wave
Just back from Sunny Beach. My hubby smoked L&M the whole time we were there. Available in all the shops they were 2.60 per pack!
Eva slims 2,10Lv.
You have the very light (purper) normal (pink) and menthol (green) ones.
Other new slims are in a orange packet..
Hi All

just back yesterday victory 26 lev for 200 in the mercury shop Anna is selling superkings (not the usual counterfeit ) but real ones for 39 lev a 200 carton
Are all UK type cigarettes fake?

We bought some L&B from a tobacconist shop attached to a hotel for 45lev, were a lot of english going there for cigarettes.
The genuine Superkings were on Sale in Varna Duty Free Shop on Wednewday at 16 euro or 32 lev per 200. Tonyt
The interesting question now arising is whether it is possible to buy genuine UK cigarette brands in the resorts. In the past the only genuine UK cigarettes were at the airport.

Does anyone know, and if you think you have found some, are you sure they are not fakes?

Peter
Peter, In june I reported Superkings in albena at 50 lev per 200, on my recent visit they were down to 30 lev for 200.

2 years ago I bought a packet of 20 in resort, two friends tried them and on their remarks, I sent packet to Imperial at Nottingham, response was, we only supply packets marked for duty free sales to Bulgaria. I was advised against buying or smoking as they were dangerous, I was sent 2 packets for the courtesy of letting them know.

Now going on about Duty Free's. I was at Varna Airport on Wednesday, I walked into shop with companion and said, I am flying to England may I purchase 200 cigs, "Yes was the reply" I paid in sterling and the assistant asked would I mind having the change in coins (sterling) Okay I said, her response was "Our banks will not accept the coins, so being good enough to accept them, would you like to purchase another 400. I declined. The coin story I know to be true, as just as I was leaving Albena, main Balkan rep got me to change up £50 for him. Tonyt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.