Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
What Trips
9 Posts
Anne we did an around the island bus trip which we thought was very informative. We booked it with our rep as in those days (about 17 years ago lol) I hadn't heard about doing trips independently. We saw all the beauty spots, stopped for lunch, took a glass bottomed boat ride, visited a monastary and palace and also saw where Price phillip was born. Our tour guide for the day was great and she included some Greek mythology in her commentary about the various places we visited.

I know this was years ago but I'm sure you'll be able to do a similar thing. I enjoy the lazy life on holidays so this packed everything I wanted to see into a day so I was free to chill for the rest of the holiday.
There is a fabulous trip.....Corfu town by boat....by night! we have done it a few times from various resorts (we always stay in the North or North east of Corfu......) I think you would be able to book it from Sidari, they will bus you to kassipi for the boat......it sets off about 3 pm.....takes you on a lovely sighseeing cruise down the east coast, drops you off in Corfu town harbour about an hour later.
You then have til about 10 pm to wander and wonder at Corfu town by evening, have a drink at the Liston and haggle in the shops.
On the way back they play traditional romantic Greek music and you can have a drink on deck......you will be back in Kassiopi by about 11 ish......
It is truly a memoranle experience and one I will be doing again myself this July XXXXX
remember doing that trip, good night but going back to Kassiopi on the boat it was very rough, really felt ill
OOPS! what time of year was that? we have done it a few times, and although it is certainly choppy as you head up to that northern headland, never enough to make me feel sick (and I am a regular cruiser so I know how a rough sea feels LOL)....we have only ever done this trip in the summer months so maybe that is the difference ? :que
We stayed in Kassiopi 5 years ago and went on one of the boat trips to Corfu town. Nothing remarkable about the journey to be honest but it was a nice way to get to the town- far nicer than going by road. We caught the last boat back and boy was there a cold wind blowing on deck. Mind it was only the first week in May.
We would just like to see a bit of the Island and I would not ask Tam to drive when he is on holiday (he would have to stop drinking)
Partyanne
The travel agents in Sidari will have several trips for you to try including the around the island bus trip which many people say is very good. It is a beautiful island so do get around. Also there are boat trips out to some nearby islands.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.