General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I am planning to take mum back to Cuba in August I have lost count of how many times we have been there and we love it! Just need to book. I don't think I will take her to any other holiday destination again!

I am going to London in April with school. Taking a group of children to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which will be good :)

Not that it counts but I am also doing my BEL award with he Duke of Edinburgh so a lot of camping trips and my big camping assessment in late March! I'll then be qualified to take a group out on expedition.

I do love to travel :D
Wow, Drama you have a busy 2015 ahead of you.! I have never been to Cuba, but would love to go. What is the best time of the year to go, if there is one?
My Daughter has recently been to London with school to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory and had a great time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, even though you're on duty.
We are off to do a mini tour of Berlin and Warsaw in March/ April when she is skiing with school.
Have to thínk for somewhere for Summer hols then..
Thank you :) the skiing sounds amazing!

Cuba is an amazing place, since going into teaching I've only been able to do late July and Early-mid August.... very busy and very hot! A few years ago, I went in early June and it was fabulous then (and a lot cheaper) still hot but not scorching!

If you're able to go in June then I would recommend it then :)
My favourite time to go to Cuba is March - hot and sunny but nowhere near as humid as it gets from May onwards and is pre-hurricane season too.

I won't be off there next March thought because I am doing a 7 night cruise to the Norwegian Fjords again in early April, then planning to go to Copenhagen by train in lat May/early June followed by a 12 night Baltic cruise in July.

SM
Unless I pop back over to Belgium on a mini break our first holiday isn't until June, to Fuerteventura. It'll be the first time for my hubby (I had a week with friends for the first time earlier this year).
our first one is in april 18 night cruise from Jamaica to spain then 2 weeks in gran canaria in june. that's it unless I can persuade my boss to give me some un-paid leave ))
Ours will be 2 weeks at the end of June to Lindos
Off to the Caribbean again in Feb wasn't going to go this year but the cruise is going to go to more mainland destinations Panamá, Colombia Mexico, Costa Rica it sails from Jamaica and does call at the Cayman Islands and another Highlight will be the 2 days in Havana Cuba.
Unless we can work something out for the feb half term then our first break will be Easter in Chicago. We have an Adriatic/Med cruise booked for August and I am hoping to persuade Mrs H that we need a week driving round France in July.
Hubby, 20 year old son, his girlfriend and myself are returning to Mexico early June. Also looking at returning to the Caribbean in Sept, but can't decided whether to return to the Dom Rep or try Jamaica .... will all come down to price:-)
Weekend away in Wales in February will be freezing I know! Then a 3 week road trip in USA in March/April :)
Ooh, lots of lovely trips planned on here. Our friends have jetted off to Mexico today. I'm really in the holiday spirit already and it's not even January yet LOL.
3 nights in Shrewsbury for February Half Term will be the first break, followed by a week in Tunisia in May and a fortnight in Spain in August
I've got lots I really need to book and sort. Just come back from a couple of days in the Cotswolds which was lovely but I need to get going on sorting a city break bargain for Feb, a cottage somewhere in the uk for Easter and a holiday in the summer but I am awaiting some inspiration that involves diving for the Men and isn't long haul ( We can't do Gozo again, surely )
I'm def going to visit the Cotswolds Lyn, keep promising myself as looks stunning :tup
Even though its only a couple of hours drive for us it's the first time we've been Glynis. I used our Tesco vouchers for a Manor house in Chipping Campden. All the usual Cotswold villages nearby plus Stratford upon Avon which we visited on our way home.
Your photos are lovely Lyn - looked very quaint and pretty. Long time for us to wait for our holiday this year, but it should be worth it: we have a month off to go to Australia, New Zealand and Bali in November.

We are driving from Brisbane right up the coast to Cairns, then flying to New Zealand where we have a camper van for 8 or 9 days to do our own thing and then we are flying to Bali for 3 nights to relax in a beautiful spa resort.

Everything is now booked and all 10 flights paid for on Christmas Eve - bad timing really! We found a company who have done a tailor made holiday for us to our specifictions, adding in the places we wanted to go to, like the Whitsunday Islands, and booking all the hotel accomodation en route. We have also factored in visiting family in Austallie and New Zealand. Lots of flying to various places to get to where want to be, ending up in Melbourne briefly at one point and having an extra nght in Singapore.

So, no honeymoon for us just now but something amazing to look forward to!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.