Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Just returned from Lanzarote after a few years absence and I have to say it's improved a lot for disabled travellers. Those awful slippery tiles are gone and replaced with new non-slip surfaces everywhere. The promenade has been widened and traffic along the seafront is now one way only so easier to cross the road to it. A bit messy for drivers but better for pedestrians and wheelchair users. While ramps and so on have been added some premises are still a bit steep to get and out of in a chair but for people with walking problems and older people it's much safer to get around. Last time there it was so slippery when it rained that we advised older relatives not to bother going except in summer but now it's much better. Shopping centre in the old town also has ramps and lifts to all levels.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.