Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The Commission's final report on Bulgaria & Romania's entry into the EU is due in September/October - this will decide whether one, both or neither of these countries will join the EU in January 2007.

The Lev will remain the legal currency until at east 2009, even if Bulgaria accedes to the EU in January, as all acceding countries have to operate under the Exchange Rate Mechanism for at least two years after accession.

Baldur
Hi
I am thinking of Bulgaria for our family holiday next year as some of my family have just comke back and said how fantastic it was but also how cheap eating out and drinking is.
I was just wondering when are the expected to be changing over to the Euro? As i am assuming all prices will go up then.

Thanks
Vicky
thanks to whoever merged my q onto someone elses i didnt see that already there....oops i should have looked on the search sorry.

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

As Baldur has said above, the earliest date for changing to the Euro will be some time in 2009, if Bulgaria is allowed entry into the EU in January 2007.

I believe that entry into the EU alone will mean price rises, but hope that Bulgaria will remain to us a cheap holiday destination for a few years yet.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.