General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
lynwestie wrote:
Not so long ago I would more than likely have had 2 years planned ahead but not no more . We always go to Egypt over Easter but fancy a change from Sharm next year .. summer I really dont have a clue , We usually do 2 weeks lying on a sunbed A/I but this year we are having a bit of a change from that so it will depend how we get on and whether or not we miss the chill & relax .. we are too used to just strolling over to the bar or up to the restaurant when we want something to eat without worrying about the cost and I think I will miss that , particularly when there are 5 of us .

Madeira is a possibility, when i was on a cruise last year this was one of the stop offs and liked what I saw,

Ive been told maderia is lovely pinkie. I wouldnt mind doing a bit of research there myself

Yes I reaqlly like the look of it - still seems traditional enough for me not too many burger joints and 'Ye Ol Typical English Pubs yet' well in Funchal (albeit limited) they didn't seem to - bit more expensive though than a Costa holiday
well, I have been researching a break in Cuba for next year. I am really hankering after it...been checking it out tonight.
The more I look, the more I am tempted to book.

Everything has changed for me in the last few months...so I want a different type of holiday..more exploring and not so much diving, although I cant give it up completely. maybe just sneak a few in. ;)

So I have been looking at a 2 centre break in Havana and Varadero...flying from Manchester..

I never look this far in advance...and definitely wont book just yet. I need to get Menorca out the way first in September..
Justval wrote:
So I have been looking at a 2 centre break in Havana and Varadero

The diving in Varadero isn't the best and certainly not what you'll be used to in terms of marine life. There are some old Russian wrecks off Varadero that are worth a look (quite deep dives, 25-30m), but other than that, there's not much to see. It's an exposed coastline so anything more than a moderate breeze, and it's too rough to get out. We ended up driving 2 hours to the south coast to the Bay of Pigs 4 out of 5 days due to the winds. The Bay of Pigs is full of history and worth a visit, but marine life isn't great. Regardless of the diving, Cuba is a fabulous country and well worth a visit. I'm tempted to return in 2013.

suncatcher wrote:
Where is everyone thinking of going in 2013

That's a very good question! I've got New York and Turkey to look forward to this year and quite fancy somewhere east rather than west, Bali is very appealing and South Africa is still on my radar.

Darren
I have just booked (15 mins ago) for our first visit to Egypt. Off for a week's AI to Sharm over Easter. So, now that's done I'll have to think about where I fancy for next August :think
Not really sure yet. Just returned from a week in one of the Red Sea Resorts & despite 5 visits still feel up for another week in Egypt next year, but am also drawn towards Cape Verde for a change

No idea about summer 2013 though. Got a beautiful 3 bed apartment booked at Club La Manga in Spain this summer, but it's the 2nd year there so may be looking at something different next year.

I would go anywhere but DH is getting more fussy, so there are a lot of places on his 'wont go to' list !

Quite fancy Malta haven't been since 2002; maybe Italy, either Sorrento or the Italian Lakes, if I could get them at a reasonable price; have always fancied Daylan in Turkey for a holiday as well.

xxx
shirley h wrote:
I have just booked (15 mins ago) for our first visit to Egypt. Off for a week's AI to Sharm over Easter. So, now that's done I'll have to think about where I fancy for next August :think

Wow, nice to have something booked. :) Funnily enough, I have recently been thinking about eygpt for next easter. It's one of the few places that will be hot enough for a week chilling by the pool. Lots of other places on my list though :D
Also now seriously thinking of malta for two weeks summer '13. Has anyone e ver done a weeks self catering in an apartment or similar and week AI Week in a hotel. We really would like the mixure of both tpes of accomidation in the same holiday. Does anyone do this? It kinda seems the best of both worlds for us.
elaine80 wrote:
We will either go back to our favourite campsite in The Vendee or head across the pond to visit hubbie's brother who has recently moved from New York to Connecticut.

Another possibility for us for next april/may. Would love to return to france camping/caravanning.
Just been checking out the Hurgharda side of the Red sea for next Easter . El Gouna, Makadi bay or Marsa Alam all look possibles . Will have to see how the prices compare to what we've been paying in Sharm .
we'll book next summer in September when we are back from this summers holiday. Firstly it gives me something to look forward to during the long winter months but also as we are limited to school summer holidays we need to get in early for the best choice.

Next summer will be a Greek island - maybe Thassos or Naxos but really any Greek island we havent already been to thats relaxed and has nice beaches.
When Are they out 2013? the date any one know??? This year we going Tenerife A/L 2 Weeks In June but for next year i can't decide... Cost del sol or Benidorm or any or maybe Majorca.

Any one know what's Benidorm and Cost del sol like?
My plans have changed already. I couldn't get the right days for flights during February half term, so we've booked Sharm for Easter instead :tup
My plans have changed already. I couldn't get the right days for flights

happens to me all the time
If OH decides he wants a holiday then at the moment I'm looking at either Iceland or island hopping in the Azores. If I'm on my own I'm thinking of Burma. But it quite easily could end up as a week in West Sussex. :duh
Helen T wrote:
My plans have changed already. I couldn't get the right days for flights during February half term, so we've booked Sharm for Easter instead :tup

Great. Sharm is on our list too :) out of interest who did you book flights with this early on? I have been looking at the low cost airlines and flights are not availabe yet for next march/april. I was thinking that they would be released around july for for next march/ april or have i missed something.
Been looking at mexicana Sharm resort. Looks very tempting :)
Not sure yet, where I want to go, but wont be difficult for me to decide, seeing as I love Italy, I mainly choose between 2 resorts, either Cattolica or Lido Di Jesolo

As for 2013, looking at a 3rd resort; Via Reggio, tuscany coast, but its an expensive area, so this might be ruled out by the cost, but with my free share, and bonus for 2013 I might just manage it

Cattolica next year will involve a lot of diy, and with only one airport to fly from and to rimini, the choice is not great for the airports, all though there are other airport in Italy which I could fly into, and then get the train

Lido Di Jesolo, pretty straight forward, flight from manchester, with either thomas cook, or thomsons

It will eventualy come down to the price of the holiday
Suncatcher- we've booked a package this time with Thomsons, as we had a good price. The last time I looked for flights to Egypt with the budget airlines, the holiday would have cost me more than the package, as we fly from our regional airports.
I think Mrs. Kiltie and I have agreed that we are only having the one holiday next year, OK it is not our normal 1 or 2 weeks :D pretty certain we are going to Dubai for 4/5 days then on to a tour of China for 28 days then on to Hong Kong for about 5 days or so then home for a rest :tongue
My brother did a tour of China and Tibet and loved it.

I would love to go back to Hong Kong to see how much it has changed since it was handed back to China.
We are hoping to go our son's in Melbourne next year -maybe April time.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.