General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Helen

I would say Spring or late autumn, which I know would be a problem for you. Unless you are wanting to do just a short trip say just 3 cities, Beijing, Shanghai and Xian which you could perhaps then fit in over the Easter break, but it's one very long flight for just a week in the country. I've been twice, the first trip was in April and though it was quite cold in Beijing the temperatures were warm and pleasant the further south we got. Unlike my second trip which was in July and it was unbelievably hot and sticky in the south. I know you can stand hot and sticky weather as you normally go away in mid summer but a touring holiday is very intensive and I would think very tiring in excessive heat.
Helen T wrote:
Suncatcher- we've booked a package this time with Thomsons, as we had a good price. The last time I looked for flights to Egypt with the budget airlines, the holiday would have cost me more than the package, as we fly from our regional airports.

Thanks. I'll take a look at packages. We went with sunshine holidays a couple a years ago to egypt. Not a taditional package, but not quite a diy either.
~ Rachie B ~ wrote:
hopefully Caribbean cruise again for xmas

Sounds fab. :)
So many amazing ideas on here for holidays. China sounds utterly fasinating.Dh would love to visit japan one day, but that is very much one for the fiture. :D

Glad i started this thread. It's

given me lots of ideas and food for thought for next year. Do keep em coming. It's great to see some

people have booked already :cheers
Unlike my second trip which was in July and it was unbelievably hot and sticky in the south. I know you can stand hot and sticky weather as you normally go away in mid summer but a touring holiday is very intensive and I would think very tiring in excessive heat.

Thanks Judith - you're correct - I could never cope with a touring holiday in boiling weather the summer months. I didn't realise China would be so hot, as a work colleague who hates the sun went for 3 weeks last summer :que Easter could be a possibility, but next year is already booked!
out now on thomson and thomascook site. will be looking at prices and reviews and booking weekend
Might pop in to the travel agents tomoz to pick up some brochures :)
We booked today for Egypt July 2013.

Normally we have flown from Manchester or Newcastle as it has worked out on average £2k cheaper than flying from Scotland (4adults & 2children) at the start of our school holidays, however the prices we were given today from both Edinburgh and Glasgow for the same holiday/dates as we had in 2011 from Manchester were actually £100 cheaper!!!

So thats us booked back to the holiday village in Sharm next July for us. and £100 better off :tup
I'm sure we are going back to Turkey in 2013 and I want to book up early this time :sun2
I have had Dominican Republic, Cuba, Barbados, Sri Lanka and Thailand on my shortlist , but something tells me we will end up in Thailand ;)
Nowhere for me :( Saving up for Summer 2014 to get away from the tourist overload here. (Glasgow Commenwealth Games and the Edinburgh Festivals) One of them is bad enough...
Am gonna sort Cuba today.... I am smiling away to myself :D
Justval wrote:
Am gonna sort Cuba today.... I am smiling away to myself :D

;)
Oooh,- how exciting for you. love the planning and organising stage of a holiday. :)
we're still thinking about all our options for next easter although egypt and the canaries are looming large :cheers
Easy jet flights are showing up to and around mid march for both, so they should be bookable by the end of this month for the dates we want.
I'm not very experienced in booking flights and accomidation seperately. Am i right in thinking that on the whole flights will only rise in price and should be booked as soon as they are released for the best price.
Any tips from you experienced diyer's would be appreciated.
We're looking at travel republic for accom.
Sorry wrong 'smilie' at top of post.
by mistake. Not sure what that one even means.
Easy jet flights are showing up to and around mid march for both, so they should be bookable by the end of this month for the dates we want.
I'm not very experienced in booking flights and accomidation seperately. Am i right in thinking that on the whole flights will only rise in price and should be booked as soon as they are released for the best price.

Yes certainly with EJ suncatcher . All the die hard's will be sitting there waiting for the flight release to bag the best bargain on the day . They sell them by the block and as each block goes they move to the next price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.