General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
kel and chris wrote:
Hi everyone we are really struggling at the moment to find somewhere to go next year we went to majorca last year and stayed at club mac in alcudia and we all really enjoyed it,it had everything and kids loved it we are looking for somewhere else the same as could not fault club mac at all, we are not ones to go back to same place when been once we like to try somewhere different.We are looking for all inclusive in june/july for 10 days for a lovely family holiday with lots of things for kids to do they will be 7 and 4 has anyone been anywhere that they can recommend to us.We have been looking at lanzarote but not sure any help much appreciated thank you kelly

what about Club Playa BlancaLanzarote, Playa Blanca

Paradise IslandLanzarote, Playa Blanca

Villa Marina ClubCosta Dorada, Salou
we have flights to Egypt booked for Easter and planning to go back to Gozo in the summer + a couple of city breaks hopefully .

Oh and a couple of nights booked for chester over christmas .
Finally all booked up to go to Santiago de Cuba in March. Not sure what I'll find once I get there because of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy but they now need visitors who'll spend money more than ever because of it.

SM
Not sure what to do, maybe similar to this year.

A week in El Gouna, Egypt in the spring. A week in a Villa in Spain in the summer, either the mainland or possibly Majorca as never been there. If I can find a cheapie in the Autumn perhaps Makadi Bay for a change or back to Marsa Alam.
We have Goa booked for April and Mexico for the summer. We are considering Buenos Aires in October, depending on OH's new rota. :)
Not going abroad next year, having three holidays in UK.
Mull in May.
Port Isaac, Cornwall in August.
Lake District, also August.
looking at a week in henley on thames in may

we often pop over to Henley in april/may time for a long weekend [camping]
We are going to dublin in march/april , jersey in may and malaga in august. No doubt we will squeeze in a few weekends/ camping trips in as well between may and september.. oh and weekend away in feb in london.
Thanks tesco vouchers :cheers
Sharm 2 weeks March 2013 [Hilton Dreams/Shores Amphorus]
Madeira 1 week May[ Pestana Village]
Germany 2 weeks June [Alpen Club]
Fjords 8 nights August [Celebrity Cruise Eclipse]
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
looking at a week in henley on thames in may

we often pop over to Henley in april/may time for a long weekend [camping]

is their good transport links too london?
Without a doubt ( god willing ) we shall be back in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria, at the Hotel L & B for the 1st 2 weeks in Sept.
jackie15

being a commuter area quite a lot but not direct.....

either

bus to Reading then rail to Paddington
or
rail to Twyford and change for Paddington

[if you can bear the journey to Paddington :rofl :rofl ]

then underground/bus/taxi/walk to wherever you want to go

Wiz
[sorry for the pun but it had to be done]
All being well .. 3/4 days in Budapest in May for family Christening. Aug ... thinking of returning to Mexico as had such a great holiday at the Eldorado Seaside Suites this year, but also considering Jamaica and Antigua ... just finding it difficult to find a resort to come up to par with this years .... any suggestions?

Regards,
Pat
Pat
Antigua has a lot of rain in August. We loved the island but wouldn't go back then. It is also a yachting island and August is out of season so some places are pretty much deserted.
Thanks Fiona. Well, that's Antigua off the list, get enough rain over here without getting it on holiday:-)

Regards,
Pat
pat,

August in the Caribbean region is always unpredictable. December though to April is about the best in that part of the world. It's not to say you won't have good weather, it'll be hot and humid, but you may be unlucky and have anything from tropical storms or even hurricane, to 2 weeks of blue sky and calm seas. You just don't know but it's not a green island for nothing! It's a lovely place to visit, but be careful with the time of year. It was March the last time I went, that's a good month.

Darren
Thanks for the info Darren ... I realise that the weather will be unpredictable due to the time we will be travelling. Two years ago we went to Aruba due to it being outside the hurricane zone, and whilst it is a beautiful island I just found it to be way too humid for me, somuchso that I wouldn't return. On the other hand I found Mexico more easier to cope with (less humid) and we were fortunate enough to have great weather with very little rain.

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.