Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
go to

http://www.johnthemap.co.uk

you will be able to print your own little maps Goan beaches

lez
cant see bobbys on the map!!!!
Walking down from the main Candolim Beach Road, walk through the dunes and on to the beach. Turn left...first shack on your left is Claudinas. Then Monicos. Then Spottys and Bobby's Shack. Nice part of the beach this; never feels too busy since there is big expanse of sand between the shacks and the sunbeds down at the sea's edge.
thanks, i have heard some good reports about the shack and also they keep the sellers away to let you sleep off the hangover !!!!!!

cant wait, 5 days to go !! :lol:
there is sticky on beach shacks

lez
:D :D hiya jane :wave if you go to page 7 on this forum there is a wedding ...that was held in bobbys shack it is just fabulous ....you have to see the photies of the wee coupel who got married ....they are from a lad called peter you will find them on that page its page 6 or 7 .....also there is a web site for bobbys shack it has a menu a a few wee bits and bobs ........hope this is of help to you :pele
Bobby's is great - try the king fish curry - yummy - spicey but with a clean tomatoey(sic) taste - never thought I would like fish curry but this great!! Only have to wait till New Year's Eve for another!!!
We spent ages in December trying to find Bobby's in Candolim only to find one called Bobby's next door to the Big Banana on Baga beach. Is it the same one or someone cashing in on the name?
No its not the same one.

Bobbys is next to Monicos.

Janeywhit gives good directions to get there.

When you get to the entrance to the beach a lot of the boys will be in the Monkey hut, ask them where Bobbys or all the others are.

I like Allepey prawn curry at Monicos, realy fresh (ginger curry leaves tomatoem,garlic, turmeric etc.) only the allepey fish curry is on the menu but ask for prawn and it will be brilliant.

Steve
Hi Irishcolleen

Thats the first time as a 6 foot 3, 35 year old male i have ever been called a wee lad :D

Easiest way to get to bobbys is follow beach road to the end (past the J20 sports bar and holiday beach resort), you will get to a square where the taxis park and the elephants come down with the monks.

Walk straight past that ignoring the couple of sellers and you will come to the end of the path onto some sand, turn left and walk down to the beach on the left you have spottys shack and on your right you have bobbys shack.

They will look after you really well, cashew and his brother will do you very good massages and if you need anything just ask bobby or his brother sanjay. The food is top notch and a great bunch of lads.

Have fun and say hi to bobby and the lads from Peter and Angie.

Regards

Peter

Edit

http://www.bobbysshack.com/ <--- that linky works :D
:oops: :oops: :oops: you must be the groom (peter) your photies are magic I sent you and angie a pm when i first saw them but i dont think i done it right :oops: :oops: I have been to bobbys shack we went in november .......we did not eat we just had a drink bobby had music on that night and it was good .....we will be going again in november and will deffo go back to his shack................peter it could be worse i could have called you son haha
Hi

Yep the groom thats me :D

Yeah just checked i didnt get it i am afraid.

The food at bobbys is wonderfull, his bbq nights are superb as well.

He also has a set of 96 photos that we had done on the day, far better than whats on the web that he keeps behind the counter as it was the first blessing he organised and the first on candolim beach, made the local rag was quite funny :D

Regards

Peter
Bobbys rocks best new years eve ever and i have seen a few, what is it that makes Bobbys so special ? if i knew i would sell up move to Goa and open Bobbys 2 its like all of Goa something special that you cant quite put your finger on
Just so Nellie - Bobby's brilliant for NY. Think it must be the position as it is in the middle of the bay and you can all the fireworks right along the beach plus food is great. Arrive NY's Eve early morning this year and will have to dash down to book! Only trouble is now everybody knows and will be there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.