Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi sunseeker2011.

just read you post have a few suggestions first have a look at Balkan holidays you might possibly be able to get a free child place (some of balkans holidays go up to 18 for child places) well for suggestions
1 Rodopi/svete/Flora complex
2 Hotel & apartments Oasis
3 Victoria Palace Hotel
4 Majestic Hotel
5 L&B hotel.
6 Barcello hotel

hope this gives you somewhere to start any more questions just ask. :cheers :sun2

Robbie.
Thanks Robbie, am seriously considering Victoria Palace Hotel, looks lovely, clean and modern. Just what I'm looking for. Will actually be booking sometime in January when I get my additional job income - I do a lot of corporate xmas disco's in December and they pay quite well :) (unless we can pay a smallish deposit and pay the rest in Jan).

So this weekend I will be checking prices and availability, I used Travel Republic last year and the service was faultless. Do you think I should use them again or are there cheaper agencies with good service that I should consider?
[edit] Just saw your suggestion for Balkan, will have a look now :)
Once again, thanks for the suggestions...

Justin.
Hi sunseeker2011.

just had a quick look at Balkan for august departures they show victoria palace at just over £2000 for 10 days.
this is for twin room with extra bed.
Hi, Balkan are offering a low deposit of £70 per person, w you have to pay full amount 8 weeks before travel. Tonyt.
mondeo wrote:
Hi sunseeker2011.

just had a quick look at Balkan for august departures they show victoria palace at just over £2000 for 10 days.
this is for twin room with extra bed.

I've just had a look but can't find it :(
Hi sunseeker2011.

it looks like the Victoria palace is now booked out try having a look at either Grand hotel oasis or the fenix both showing family rooms B/B at just under your budget tried dates 5th 19th 22nd from both mancheser and east midlands .hope this helps :cheers
hi sunseeker 2011

second hotel should have been Fiesta beach not fenix
Hi sunseeker2011.

another hotel to look out for and try is the Majestic this is just a little further norh end than the Victoria palace. :sun2 :sun2
sunseeker 2011. there is another option, book Hotel only through http://www.booking.com (Have used these people and come highly recommended) and book flights separately, they have some good offers at moment and you pay the Hotel on arrival. depends where you need flights from. Tonyt.
Cheers Tony,

I will most probably be flying from Manchester, I'll check out booking.com but have also found it on Travel Republic including flights, luggage, transfers & airport parking for approx £1,600 for 10 nights which is well within my budget.

Justin.
Victoria Palace has really big rooms, nice decor etc, but sadly the food doesnt seem to be very good.

I stayed in it 5 years ago, and the food was poor. Been back in SB every year since, but not to Victoria Palace, but have heard the same complaints every year from others.
Fenix is good but only go B&B, staff are lovely and rooms big, basic and clean
justjoe wrote:
Victoria Palace has really big rooms, nice decor etc, but sadly the food doesnt seem to be very good.

I stayed in it 5 years ago, and the food was poor. Been back in SB every year since, but not to Victoria Palace, but have heard the same complaints every year from others.

Where else have you been in Sunny Beach? Can you recommend a good hotel, as high star as possible, may end up going B&B as I've heard it's really cheap to eat & drink in the restaurants.

My budget is around £2,000 for all 3 of us, this must include pretty much everything except spending money (i.e. flights, accommodation, luggage allowance & airport parking).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's giving me a headache reading all the reviews of different places...

Cheers,
Justin
There are so many hotels in Sunny Beach its hard to pick. I dont use hotels there anymore, prefer to go to an apartment.
Have a few friends who have stayed in Helena and liked it.

B and b or an apartment are your best option in Sunny Beach ( well i think so ) as there are lots of affordable places to eat out.

Have you had a look at Sveti Vlas, its just a few minutes up the road/along the beach and not as busy.
we stayed at that Riu Helios Palace when we were in Sunny beach and it was a brilliant hotel. We had people who had requested to change from the VP as it wasn't up to standard. They thought the Riu Helios was far better. I'm sorry I can't tell you what it's like these days as our stay was a number of years ago but it's in a brilliant location.
Whats the point giving the big hotels thousands of pounds for 2 weeks and being bored with the poor food and entertainment .Also most of the big luxury hotels are at the far end of the resort and not convenient for markets or shops or much else .You are much better to hire an appartement in a small complex with 2 bedroand Victoria oms and near to all amenities . We have been to Majestic and Victoria and thought they were lovely but just too far from fun places .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.