General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi, what about Tenerife the weather is good there
Margaret(madmum) :cheers
I have been looking at the Canaries just didn't know which would suit us best. Wanted to go in November as it will split the year,more or less, into half - if you get what I mean!

Have you stayed there? Where (which area) would you recommend?

Thanks for your answer.

Pat
costa adeje area in tenerife might suit, there are some nice hotels in the area, i stayed in what was called the esmeralda, its now called the lubay, i stayed there for christmas around 6 years ago so cannot advise what it is like now.
lanzarote i have been the last two years in march though and stayed at riu clubhotel paraiso.
i have stayed gran canaria several times it always seems a little warmer than the other islands, puerto mogan or maspalomas maybe.
Thanks for the reply. It is beginning to look like the Canaries - just a matter of deciding where now, I think.

Will check out your suggestions. :cheers
Hi, wego to los cristianos every year in December, but we go self catering so cannot advise on A/L but you will enjoy I am sure
Margaret :cheers
:cheers Thanks for that. Will certainly check out all the recomendations.
My brother just returned from holiday at La Niña hotel in Costa Adeje, Tenerife and loved it. close to beaches and harbour at Puerto Colon, plenty of walks and close to restaurants etc. Food as all exclusive was brilliant and weather in early 70's so he will be back there in Dec 2013.
He booked through Travel Republic which was cheaper than via hotels own website.
He's retired by the way so didn't go in for much nightlife although it was a bonus just being able to walk around later at night and enjoy the warmth.
Thanks for the info. Vivien-Marie. It is looking more and more likely that we will be heading for the Canaries.
We have stayed at the Adeje Gran hotel in February. The weather was good and the all inclusive hotel was fabulous, nice gentle stroll to the beach with lots of shops, bars and cafes en-route. However, each November, we go to Cape Verde. We have stayed in the Riu Garopa on Sal, Riu Tourareg and the Iberostar, both on Boa Vista. Although the islands are relatively quiet, the hotels do have daytime excursions and day and evening entertainment should you wish to join in. The weather is usually very hot and sunny at this time of year, although last year it was warm, but cloudy most days, however this will not deter us from returning again this year and we are looking to book the Riu Karamboa on Boa Vista.
Thanks, Cadge - had almost decided on canaries until I thought about going back to Sal! Loved it there and looking at the weather it may be my final decision!!
Prawn
that's what holiday planning is all about- changing your mind the whole time :D That's what I do anyway.
Fiona - I thought it was just me! I usually start off 'knowing' where I want to go and then someone mentions an alternative I hadn't considered and off I go again ! More trawling and checking - passes the time and keeps me off the streets and out of mischief (as my mother used to say!).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.