General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi dazzler2002

let me get this right you have a budget of £600-£700 for the actual holiday then £2000 spending money! are you sure! what ever are you going to do with all that money !!!!!!!!
when my husband and myself go on holiday we only ever budget around £50-£60 a day so for 2 weeks we are looking at £700-£850 yes we are half board but even if we was self catering we would only take around £1000-£1200, and we would come home with some money!
and before you ask.. yes we do drink not heavy but a few beers or g&t's, we don't always go on trips ,but we do always have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think you need to rebudget yourself!!!!!! IMO

lou x
I would have to agree.

If you have only 600-700 then why not put some of your two grand spending money into it to get more choice.

We take £2000 away for a family of four and we eat out every night (nice meals too!)

We usually buy ourselves something nice to bring home, perfume aftershave, bags etc and we also enjoy a tipple or three!

Alternatively you could book a couple of Easyjet flights to Majorca and book through Alpharooms some budget accommodation, ours was very reasonable last year
(the Brasilia Playa in Can Pastilla)
We usually spend around £1000 to £1500 for the holiday for three of us and take £800 spending money which lasts whether we are half board or s/c.
I think you would have a better holiday altogether if you reversed the monies!!!!! after all, what you gonna spend £2000 quid on??? :?

I can recommend Benidorm, self catering at the Primavera Dos. You'll find this in Thomson, Portland and Airtours I think. It's quite reasonable.
Don't think you'll get a hotel for that price for two of you though.
i agree with the other posts.. why not use some of your spending money to upgrade and go AI. as a family of 4, paying adult prices for the kids, we have had some good deals costing less than 2K for AI in 4* accomodation in the canaries.with AI.
With the total spend you have available there you could be looking at having pretty good holiday...would you consider long haul...we've done holidays in the Carribean, Singapore/Bali, Malaysia, Thailand for a lot less than your total budget.
I agree, if you put extra into the the holiday price and go All Inclusive then you won`t need as much spending money anyway.

Alternatively, you could wait until next year and try to get a last minute deal, these are generally cheaper.
I have just got one for 4th july 06
to benidorm, half board, great hotel for £685 7 nights.
Good luck
Loulou
As a family of 5 the tops we've spent is £1400 on a 2 week holiday so £2000 for yourself you're either planning on being permanetly wrecked or your planning on doing an awful lot of shopping???????

As others have said I think you'd be better extending the budget on your holiday itself and decreasing your spending money. Personally I'd have a re-think :lol:
dazzler, you must be a soul mate to my son!
In a week in Ibiza he easily managed to spend £1000.
So if you are looking for somewhere to spend a lot of money, that looks like a good bet!
:D Hi dazzler, seen some cheap hols with portland direct, 6 june from manchester 14 nights £309 to minorca, or there's ibiza at £354 per person, just have a look there's quite a few hols and destinations coming up around that price, (Just put your chosen destination,airport, and dates in). I have always found the first 2 weeks in June to be really really cheap, as it's just after the kids go back after spring break/bank hol. Good Luck in your search. BBB.
Hi Dazzler, I wouldn't dream of taking that much of money away with me!!! All holidays are cheaper last minute, so why not save up and break free! It's more fun if you don't know where you are going til the month/week/day before you leave anyway :D:D

Love,
Mazzza
I wouldn't book anywhere all inclusive if it's you and your girlfriend, unless you are going to the caribbean or somewhere out of the way outside of a resort or town. You don't sound like you want a hotel full of children which is what you will probably get if you go AI in Europe, plus you will have to spend more time there than you probably would have done to take advantage of the free drinks!

I would up the actual holiday budget to at least £1000. Self catering on any of the costas or majorca would probably be feasible on that, or thereabouts.
Dazzler: If you could fill out the following information then i could try to help you.

DepartureUK Airport? MAN/Midlands, London, Scotland etc?
Pick top 3 destinations
Budget: 600/£700 for both (2xpax)
Board Basis: Self Catering? BandB?Half Board? Full Board? All Inc?
duration? 7nights?
Exact dates? _____ June 2007
Mate you could easily get an all inclusive holiday for under £800 each!
Try the hotel tanit in ibiza, It's next to San Antonio so you'd be not far from the bars! I'm sure you could afford the cab fair back to the hotel. BTW the Tanit is All Inclusive!

Hell you could afford the cab fair back to Benidorm with 2 grand!!! :)
Hi

Have to agree with all previous posts.

We are a family of four (eldest son goes it alone these days) and always go S/C eating out every night and all the rest of it, drinks ,snacks, ice creams, Aftershaves, Perfumes etc etc etc and have found that £1,500 for two weeks is more than enough. At Christmas we went for three weeks. We did eat in a couple of nights, but then the kids got extra treats; you know as well as the ones they usually get because it was Christmas and we still only spent around £1,800. Upgrade on your accomodation, and cut down on the spending money and you should strike the right balance.

Jackie
HUmmm

Well last year me and the GF got a studio in grecce that slept us both for £626 for BOTH not each, I go wild on holiday and spent a grand in a week last year and had to phone through for some extra cash.

I always go on trips and stuff and enjoy loads of food etc so Im thinking 2k and maybe 700 on a holiday for two
Hey you go for it! I'll have a look around see what's about, I'm guessing you want clean, basic apartments or suchlike and plenty of places to eat and drink and watersports and various trip options?
I've just had a very quick search and you can easily get a fortnight self catering or B&B for £700 for both of you in places like Mallorca, Ibiza any of the Costas, also looked at Sharm al Sheikh in Egypt and there too.

I think you need to read some reviews and try and narrow things down to where you want to go. If you go on the thomas cook website you can search for hols for certain dates/destinations etc. (imagine the other tour operators have similar online functions), then if something catches your eye you can look on here for reviews.
hi,
we booked our holiday to egypt for £635 each - all inclusive at a 4* hotel with Thomas Cook - good deal for loads of sun, sea and snorkelling!
we used directholidays to get a good deal to the dominican 2 yrs ago too..
good luck for next yr
xx
Having just come back from Sharm, I'm not sure if it's the place for a young couple who want to go out and about loads, to bars, clubs, etc.

Apart from Namma Bay and the red sea itself, for snorkelling, diving, everything seems to be very hotel based.

It's not the same sort of holiday you get in Rhodes, Corfu, or on Spanish Islands etc, that I remember me and my OH going on (billions of) years ago, where you just use your apartment as a base and spend all your time (and money :D ) out and about. Most AI's in Europe are totally family dominated during the school holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.