General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hello Joe

Guess you will find it hard to find a holiday to compare to Lily Beach.

Mexico....riveria maya is very nice. It has some lovely beaches and good hotels. Also I felt very safe when we went outside of the hotel.
Thailand......phuket is another nice place but I think this maybe a little to far to go for one week. You have to change flights at Bangkok airport.
Bali.....beautiful country with lovely friendly people to match. Not sure what they weather is like in November but it is a 19hr flight so again not sure if this is too far for you to go.

What is the most amount of travelling time you wish to do?
Hi Sandra
Thank's for your reply, I would think that 10 to 13 hours flying time would be our limit, we will probably go to one of the carribean islands but its hard to find one for 7 nights as flights are mostly geared to 14 night stays using charters.

Regards

Joe
Have you thought about Dubai? It's outrageously hot at the moment but in November should be lovely.

I heard it got some bad press on the Package Holidays program but we visited just recently and if you pick a hotel in the right area building work does not affect you at all. We stayed at Mina A Salam but any of the hotels in this area (Jumeirah Beach, Burj Al Arab, Al Qasr etc.) are perfectly ok.

It's a great place for a beach holiday and service on the beach or by the pool is great, cool towels, cucumber for your eyes and fresh fruit kebabs - you don't need to move a muscle!

It was too hot to dine outside when we were there but there's plenty of restaurants and bars with outside terraces around Souk Madinat.
Hi joe,if it's just a week on the beach you're after then what about the Gambia? or a bit further afield Goa? both will be hot and sunny and reasonably cheap,cheers Mark
Antigua ??? (BWIA flights aren't too expensive but I also think that some of the charters go down weekly too - First choice used to do a Friday flight in the winter - i.e. from 1st Nov but not sure if schedules have changed)
Thanks for all your replies, We are going for Mexico, playacar area.

Regards

Joe
which hotel did you decide on Joe? We went to Mexico in 2003 & had a lovely time.
Sandra
Hi Sandra
decided to go to the riu yucatan near playa carmen, hope this will be ok.

Regards

Joe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.