Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
bodrum is really lively , the night live is great. they have a beautiful harbour and gumbet is only a stones thow away and their beach is beautiful
sharon
Thanks for your reply! is gumbet lively also? or is bodrum more lively? i think the beaches sound nicer in gumbet but i would love to be within walking distance of beach and nightlife... any more help??? thnks
bodrum is more busy @ night but gumbet is just full on english so depend on wat ya want !!
There is plenty of nightlife in Gumbet (where the beach is - Bodrum doesn't really have a beach to speak of).
Bar Street in Gumbet mostly caters for Brits and Europeans - loads of music bars open til 4 or 5am, plus a couple of clubs open til even later.
Along the beachfront heading slightly away from the resort centre (towards the all inclusive hotels), there are some lovely chill-out bars and a couple of Turkish bars also open til the early hours.

Bodrum's nightlife is much more cosmopolitan than Gumbet - caters to Europeans and Turks alike. Bodrum's main Bar Street gets very very busy in high season (round about now).

In both resorts (which are literally over the hill from each other and easily reached either way in 10 minutes by local minibus - dolmus) you can shop til you drop all day and into the night.

Elaine
Just please dont go on the Club Bodrum catermaran which keeps you out at sea until 6 in the morning trying to charge you around £6 (yes pounds) for a coke can sized beer...

Other than that Bodrum and Gumbet are great places to go and both have good nightlife :D
Thanks for all your replies, so overall would people generally suggest to stay in gumbet (close to a good beach) and then go out in bodrum for the nightlife???? cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.