Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Which flight ?
9 Posts
BA will not be operating the flight anymore, it will be easyjet unfortunately so it depends on which you prefer! I have never had to endure easyjet before but I fail to believe that they can be any less uncomfortable than Thomsonfly or First Choice short haul. Thomsonfly is, in my opinion, a very uncomfortable option for a four and a half hour flight so I would personally choose anyone over them......have you tried xl.com?
it was thomas cook not thomson sorry are they the same flights then :(
My apologies, I haven't flown on Thomas Cook but I imagine them to be much of a similarity. I guess cost and flight times comes into the question but on a different note.....easyjet have no entertainment.
Thomas Cook will be you're standard charter flight, not much leg room, inflight entertainment, meals at a cost etc. Same as Monarch/First Choice/thomson/XL etc.. no difference between them.

As a previous poster said, BA will no longer operate that flight. BA6826 is operated by GB Airways, a British Airways franchise partner. GB have been bought out by easyJet and as such after March 30th all flights will be operated by easyJet, and the British Airways franchise will end. The flights are bookable on the easyJet website now.

I'm interested to find out where you found the BA6286, and who is willing to sell you a ticket on that flight? British Airways have taken all the GB Airways flights after 30th March off their website, you can no longer book them as they are no longer British Airways flights, they will be easyJet...
I thought I read a post recently, somewhere on this site, that BA itself were going to start new routes to Paphos and Malta for Summer 08?
I think the British Airways new services to Paphos and Malta are only from Gatwick.
hi bagand96 I got these flight num off fly deals .co then it was teleticket selling them think I may stick with thomas cook :think
Hmmm interesting. It may be that Teleticket have the flights still in their system and haven't removed them.

One of two things would happen. Chances are that when you actually went through the booking process, it would not let you book. As far as I know BA are not accepting bookings for any of their flights operated by GB Airways after 30th March. The other outcome would be that the seat would be booked, and then your ticket transferred to the easyJet flight when the GB Airways takeover is complete.

To be honest I'd tend to agree with you, and go for the Thomas Cook flight. With the British Airways/GB Airways/easyJet takeover, and still some uncertainty around it, booking with Thomas Cook would be a more certain option.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.