Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Also, Corfu. Lots of beautiful scenery and some gorgeous beaches with boat trips running from many resorts. Have a look at the resort reports.
Hi,

How about Zante? We've visited many Greek islands and find ourselves going back to Zante for the 3rd time this summer. We're staying in Kalamaki, which has a good beach, plenty of bars and restaurants and there are lots of excursions to go on or you could hire a car. Also, hiring a small boat for the day is a great fun. We found it cheaper than some of the other islands too. We also loved Skiathos, and would go back. Kefalonia is also beautiful. Cejay
From Zante you can also go to the Greek Mainland using the local Tour Operators, visiting Athens(this is an overnight excursion) and Olympia. Other islands I can recommend are Crete and Cyprus.

Les
Lefkas in the Ionian islands between Kefalonia & Corfu is lovely, there is a bridge to the mainland so strictly speaking its not an island, we were there in September last year and have been before.

From Nidri on the east coast you can see Scorpios island (which belongs to the Onassis family) and several other small islands, Sivota to the south is a natural harbour where yachts moor up for sailing holidays, Vassiliki is great for windsurfing, the beaches on the east coast are easily accessable and are pebbly while the beaches on the west coast are at the bottom of cliffs so you have to use steps to get down but they are beautiful & sandy.
What about the beautiful island of Santorini- Stunning scenery, good transport to get around , and one of the most romantic islands. Gorgeous restaurants in abundance, with a traditional Greek atmosphere.
I would recommend either Corfu or Zante, we loved both of these :)
Like Ann Hope, we too loved Corfu (Kassiopi) and Zakynthos (Tsilivi). This year we are trying Santorini, but we will definately return to the other 2 islands some time.
We stayed in Zante and loved it... it was Tsilivi and we were on the outskirts .. so if u wanted fun u could go into Tsilivi but if u wanted quiet then u stayed near the apartments...
Best of both worlds :que

Curlylocksm x
Hi All, Me & my family are thinking of booking a holiday to stay in the Hotel Exotica in Kalamaki Zante for June this year. The last holiday we went on was really bad & now we are worried about where to go & stay. We like places that have lots to do & are all about the kids. We like the beach, bars & restaurants to only be a walk away. We have 2 boys aged 5 & nearly 3 & are also taking my 10 year old niece. Any information about this hotel & area would really be helpful. Thanks alot
HI Clair..

have you looked at the members hotel reports for zante[zakinthos] yet :que your hotels is here :tup

wizard
Yes I have looked on there. Some people say its great & some people say its not!! :que
As we haven't booked it yet, i think i might look at some other hotels in Zante. We are looking for somewhere that is great for families, with lots to do for kids. We like a nice beach, pubs/bars & restaurants only a walk away. We also like doing water sports. We like to enjoy the hotel entertainment during the day & go out in the evenings. As we have never been to Zante before, we don't mind where we stay. Anyone who can recommend a nice fun hotel in a great location would very much be appreciated :tup
Hi Claire28 - Zakynthos is a lovely island. We've not been to Kalamaki, but we were in Tsilivi 2 years ago. It's a very family orientated resort, with plenty to do, lots of restaurants and bars, but no lager louts. A lot of the restaurants have play areas for the kids, which is nice, if you want to enjoy a nice meal and keep the kids entertained. The beach is long and very safe. We stayed in the Tsilivi Beach Hotel - it was nice, but basic. Location wise it was perfect, just 20 metres from the beach. We hope to go back to Tsilivi some time, and if we do, we'll stay in the Apollon Hotel, which is just opposite the Tsilivi Beach Hotel. It's a very small hotel, but the staff are very friendly, it looks very clean, has a pool, restaurant & bar. Again, the location is perfect. A few metres from the sea, and a 2 minute walk from the restaurants & bars. There is a lovely hotel right be the beach too, called the Zante Maris Hotel. It looks lovely.

Sorry, I can't be of any help with Kalamaki.
Thanks alot Anniek, u was very helpful x
The beach in Tsilivi is rubbish.
Hi
We stayed in Tsilivi last year and thought the beach was actually quite nice (and we're fussy when it comes to beaches as we live in Cornwall and we're spoilt here!) . It may not be amazing and it's quite shallow but was always kept clean and the water is shallow for ages which is great for kids. The hotel we stayed at was right on the beach and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

x
Best Greek Island after visisting many has been Kefalonia not cheap but with scenary out of this world, Greek poeple the most friendliest you could wish for hopefuly will get back this year missed it so much 2007 with health problems fingers crossed we can return to our friends this year.
skiathos is beautiful with loads of lovely beaches and clear waters
only one we didn't rate was koukounaries which many say is one of the most beautiful in greece-we found it to be overcrowded and over-rated,the best one we found was kolios beach,a lovely small sheltered bay,almost like a lagoon,and even in August this was never crowded
we also love Zante,been 4 times now,best resort for us was Alykanas
I also agree with others who say Kefalonia is beautiful with fantastic scenery
Hi..
Why don't you try Skiathos. It is very nice! Splendid views, nice beaches and very clear waters.
You will enjoy it! ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.