Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
we are in a similar age bracket and enjoyed Crete but we stayed away from the big resorts in a place called Sissie bay quiet if you want it some good bar/restaurants and lots of trips out

wizard
I would put in another vote for Crete. Last summer we went to the other side of the Island from Wizard, the Western part, flying into Chania.

There are various different resorts both quiet and busy and you would need to check them out to make sure you got one that was suitable for your needs. Its mountainous and rugged in places, and you have Samaria Gorge at that end as well. Because it's large I think there is a diversity that you may not get on smaller Islands.
Thanks
That sounds worth taking a look at. Flying from Scotland we don't get as much choice though
Anne
Hi! as a personal opinion, i would suggest Kefalonia. Beautiful scenery, lots to see and do, some great day trips to nearby islands and very freindly people! I always said i would never go back to the same place again (too many places to see in the world), but this year i am back for my 8th visit so i think that must say something! :)
I'll second that one...
Kefalonia for me as well
more details at http://www.ionian-island.co.uk

kefallon
hi we're of to Poros on the 5th of July, flying glasgow to Athens then hydrofoil to the island. Never been before but it looks lovely and has easy access to other islands.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.