Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Both resorts are built along the main coast roads, Kalathos on the East and Ixia on the West. The road in Ixia is busier and the resort much bigger being so close to Rhodes Town, Kalathos is more of a village with the odd tourist bar/restaurant, most people head into Lindos for restaurants and nightlife. Neither resorts have much to see, for sightseeing you'd need to head into Lindos from Kalathos or Rhodes Town from Ixia.

If you want to go on boat trips and sightseeing then Ixia is probably your best bet as it's a lot handier for Rhodes Town and the harbour. The waterpark is in Faliraki with a free bus running from Rhodes Town and Lindos, not sure what time of year that starts though. Even if it's not operating in May the waterpark is pretty easy to reach under your own steam.

If you're thinking of Athens for a day trip then no, Rhodes is way too far from the mainland for that. You could fly to Athens if you wanted to spend a night or two there but it won't be cheap. Plenty of neighbouring islands to visit though, Symi being the most popular and easy to get to.

It's normally warm sunbathing weather in May but yes it can be windy around Rhodes Town and Ixia. Not really a problem in the day but it can sometimes feel cool at night.

Hope that helps :cheers
It's almost always breezier on the Ixia side, so don't forget the sun block. Rhodes is a 5 minute bus ride from Ixia, no need for a taxi. Buses run to Lindos from Rhodes regular service but can be very busy, so the best way is a hire car. You can drive round the island quite easily in a day and call in at some lovely places along the way. My advice would be to drive anti-clockwise round the island so you don't have to cross the flow of traffic on what can be a busy main road.
PARKY 45. Yes you could drive round the island in a day.However you really wont see much in that time.
We had been coming here for 18 years & have lived on Rhodes since 2009.
Even now we we are finding places for the first time
I'd agree you can't see much, but what you can see is worth it. Last time we went round we stopped at Monolithos, Prassonisi, Lindos for a meal, up to Stegna, Tsambeki Beach, Faliraki and Kalithea, then back to Ixia. My brother in law and his missis just wanted a quick look round as he was only staying a week - that's what he got.No rushing, no speeding and no pressure.

(The first time round I found the rubbish tips as well!)

:( :(
(The first time round I found the rubbish tips as well!)

pity the locals cant :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.