Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi ya
anyware on the turquiose coast is nice during the day and still quite nice but the weather as in any country can change very quickly so there are no safe bets but its great for a lazy on the beach
ps the pools are now getting a little cold or to me bl**dy freezing
i would say try olu deniz this time of year
Antalya, Alanya, Side and Belek these resorts are further round in the Med and enjoy a warmer winter climate.
Laurence
I agree with Laurence, any resorts accessed from Antalya airport will be best. We have been to Turkey the last three October half terms and are going to WOW Topkapi Palace, Antalya this year.

The last two years in Belek the weather has been first class, not a cloud in the sky all day, but gets cool at night.

When we went to Olu Deniz the previous October Half term the weather had really started to drop off towards winter, so if possible avoid this region.

The main reasons why the weather in the Antalya area should be better are because it is further south and also is away from the mountains.

Dave Thomas
Hi sally just back from icmeler yesterday 6/10/06, we had a brilliant week weather wise, but the week before they had 4 days of rain so in october they say it is a bit hit and miss there, but i hope where ever you end up you have great weather johnboy.
Thanks for the advice everyone!

I've seen lots of late deals for Alanya and Side. Which of these resorts would you say is more Turkish?

Sally
we just come back from bodrum oct 2 to oct 9 and it was hot high 80s. shorts even in evening and we had to have a/c on sometimes at night. we went last year end of oct and itwas hot then,have been to bodrum in january and althogh you needed a light jacket you could syill sit at pavement cafe,s outside and i even had the car a/c on a couple of times. we walked round bodrum castle and i was cursing bringing a jacket as i was hot. biggles
try turkish weather history antaliya , it gives you good comparrisons ,by month and year , cant remember the link but i am sure you will find it ok.

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.