Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi

Wizz Air from London Luton to Bourgas is your best option. Alternaltively BA from Heathrow to Varna. That was this year.

Next year there may be a possibility that Ryanair will also be doing flights to Bourgas.

Hope this helps

John D
Does anyone know when the flights are released for Wizzair for next Spring/Summer? Ta Yvette
@ Yvette,

You could try e-mailing them at customerrelations@wizzair.com for information.

@John D,

Currently, BA's only direct flights to Varna fly from Gatwick, rather than Heathrow.

Heathrow-Varna would be via Budapest, with the 2nd leg of the flight being supplied by Malev.

A random check on the BA website gave one-way fares in excess of £800 on either route for 16th June 2007 - so not a viable proposition, I suspect!

Baldur
Hi Baldur,

I emailed Wizzair about a month ago!. They say they take up to 3 weeks to reply, I am not holding much hope, I just check their website daily incase they have been released!

Thanks for your reply though.

Yvette
Hi

Have you tried flythomascook.com

They are doing one way flights on the 25th June(the day after the festival) for about 72 pounds when you add on all taxes.

If Wizzair do the same days next year as this year,then the cheap flight is thursday,so thats 3 days off the holiday.

Basil.
Thats great i'll check that. Sounds ideal as we leave on the monday too.
I foudn some very cheap flights for next year at xl.com. Some flights from Manchester to Bourgas worked out at just over £100 each return.
In today's issue of Sofia News it states Bourgas Airport is in negotiation's with eight low cost Airlines for next year. Tonyt
In today's issue of Sofia News it states Bourgas Airport is in negotiation's with eight low cost Airlines for next year. Tonyt

That's quite interesting. My parents are going over the SB for a week and they're flying with Whizz Air so will see what they make of them.

We had an airline doing cheap flights from Blackpool Airport but it never really took off (no pun intended!).
If you look at http://www.whichbudget.com it list all flights in and out of the UK.
Hi Davedee,

If you look at http://www.whichbudget.com it list all flights in and out of the UK.

It appears to list only an extremely limited number of charter/tour operator flights to Bulgaria - doesn't even mention any of the scheduled operators, who can often offer much cheaper flights. :wink:
Baldur
Good Afternoon Baldur, may I second your statement, I looked on site for Varna on 30th May. First Choice quotes £264 return. I have flights booked with B.A. at £74.10 ret. inclusive. Cheers Tonyt
Hi, Does anyone know if Wizz Air are going to release flights prior to 9th June for next year? I have email Wizz Air with no luck in their response. Last year flights started 1st May!. Any news would be most welcome. Regards. Yvette
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.