Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sadly, no holiday in 2014 - I've been promising the wife a new kitchen for the last 3 years but always managed to convince her a holiday is better lol.

But we are definitely getting the new kitchen next year - hopefully back in Icmeler (or elsewhere) in 2015 though.
We will be making our annual trip to Turkey as usual first 2 weeks in sept. :) Next year we are looking to return to Hisaronu our last visit there was 8 yrs ago so things have probably changed .This year will be our 6th trip to Icmeler our favourite place until last year when we discovered Bitez so it is a toss up between there and Hisaronu next year :que Whichever we choose we will love it as always this year will be our 15th year going to Turkey, different places but the same friendly people, lovely weather, great food and plenty of Effes :cheers
Hi
Newbie here!
We have just booked for May 2014 at the Ova resort in Hisaronu. Bit nervous as never been to Turkey before. Don't really know what to expect. We are a family of 4. Two kids under 10.
We haven't been abroad since visiting Florida in 2011 so really looking forward to it!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers :sun2
not official yet but next year could be first 2 week holiday without our daughter!! She'll be 17 and not sure if she will want to come with us! She's moaning about going back to Turkey this year - I'll be more than happy for it to be just the two of us - be a lot cheaper lol lol!! x
We went to Egypt last yr + are going back again soon. I'm thinking back to Turkey in 2014 for 2 weeks, been to Gumbet + Marmaris a few times before so thinking somewhere different. Been looking at Kusadassi, Olu Deniz, Side, but not decided on anything yet.
Bubblebobble wrote:
Hi
Newbie here!
We have just booked for May 2014 at the Ova resort in Hisaronu. Bit nervous as never been to Turkey before. Don't really know what to expect. We are a family of 4. Two kids under 10.
We haven't been abroad since visiting Florida in 2011 so really looking forward to it!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers :sun2

HI,

Turkey is a wonderful place, the locals are very friendly and they adore children, your young 'uns will get a lot of attention from them. I've found the only people that don't like Turkey are the one's who've never been!

Enjoy your hols even if it is almost a year away (have you started counting down yet? :rofl )

Justin
Champion Holiday Village Beldibi.. August. Have been to Ozdere twice before but at May half term. No choice this year if want longer than a week because can't take the kids out of school any more. Can't believe how expensive in school hols and also as son is now 15 no free child! Oh how we,ve been spoilt in the past. Love Turkey !!
I am looking at going in May next year. Not sure where I will be staying as it depends on the price. I have been to marmaris several times before and may try somewhere different. :cheers
I am going in August next year for a special birthday!! Flights booked and deposit paid on them and accommodation booked and paid for in full. Staying at Senaydin Hotel, this will be my 13th holiday to Marmaris, I wouldn't go anywhere else lol xx
having a change from Marmaris. booked to got to Alanya august 2014 staying at the sentido gold island hope this is as good as write ups always got to marmaris .
pipsqueak1 wrote:
I am looking at going in May next year. Not sure where I will be staying as it depends on the price. I have been to marmaris several times before and may try somewhere different. :cheers

Being a Turkish, I don't know why you prefer Marmaris at each time..
We didn't go to Turkey this year but will be back next year in August, somewhere on the Bodum Peninsula, depends where we can find a nice villa :)
vera club tmt july 2014 cant wait missed going to turkey for 3 years 2011 went to dominican for daughters wedding and last year and this year stayed in Uk for our hols
Me! Limak atlantis in belek in May, and Arcadia golf in belek in August!
Me :hyper After an absence of 5 years, I'll be making my 7th visit to Icmeler in September 2014 :tup

Darren
We have booked our flights for the end of July :) just looking for acomodation now.
We are returning to Turunc for the 3rd time. Es Apartments August/September.
We too will be in Icmeler in September.
Only one visit to Turkey this coming year as we enjoyed Greece so much last year.
So one holiday in each!
Looking to book up for Marmaris in june.Just trying to suss out a decent hotel.Stayed at Sultan Maris 3 times but heard its went downhill a bit .On the upside off to Lanzarote on 22nd feb so all's good.....Happy hols.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.