General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
No :sulk so I'm hoping you have a great time in Beni on my behalf :tup
We've got a friend coming to stay from UK over the 2 weeks of Easter so we will be having a few days out and about to the beach, up the mountains and also to the north side of Nicosia (through the UN peacekeeping line).

We also have an overnight stay planned in Paphos at the Annabelle Hotel (a Christmas present from my employer, we get a seaview room with B+B so I managed to get hold of another voucher for our friend as a surprise). She's never seen the mosaics or the tombs in Paphos and this could be her last visit for a number of years as she's off to live in Jersey at the end of May.

I've got the whole fortnight off and it will be my first time to have a decent break since the beginning of the year so I'm looking forward to chillin' in the sun and hopefully some time by the beach and in the sea.

Yesterday was a public holiday (Cyprus National Day) so we took ourselves off with friends to Kouklia village and a short stop in Mandria (not far from Paphos airport) too. Went back to Kouklia for lunch and altogether had a very pleasant day.
We are going to Spain and Portugal or an Archers tour, leaving on Good Friday (http://www.archersdirect.co.uk/holiday/lisbon-seville-and-madrid). Really hoping that the weather perks up before then!
Got my parents arriving for a visit this Monday and I don't expect to be waving them goodbye until after Easter. So Easter at home for me this year. In fact it is most years because of late, Easter has not fallen within the 1st two weeks of April which is when I would usually find it easiest to take time off.

SM
That'll be nice SMa having your parents visit. I hope you all have a lovely Easter :tup
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
No :sulk so I'm hoping you have a great time in Beni on my behalf :tup

I'll do my best Glynis :cheers
cyprus100 wrote:
We've got a friend coming to stay from UK over the 2 weeks of Easter so we will be having a few days out and about to the beach, up the mountains and also to the north side of Nicosia (through the UN peacekeeping line).

We also have an overnight stay planned in Paphos at the Annabelle Hotel (a Christmas present from my employer, we get a seaview room with B+B so I managed to get hold of another voucher for our friend as a surprise). She's never seen the mosaics or the tombs in Paphos and this could be her last visit for a number of years as she's off to live in Jersey at the end of May.

I've got the whole fortnight off and it will be my first time to have a decent break since the beginning of the year so I'm looking forward to chillin' in the sun and hopefully some time by the beach and in the sea.

Yesterday was a public holiday (Cyprus National Day) so we took ourselves off with friends to Kouklia village and a short stop in Mandria (not far from Paphos airport) too. Went back to Kouklia for lunch and altogether had a very pleasant day.

Sounds like a great couple of weeks planned. Hope You have a great break :) out of interest, what's Cyprus like in terms of weather in late march/ April.
suncatcher wrote:

Sounds like a great couple of weeks planned. Hope You have a great break :) out of interest, what's Cyprus like in terms of weather in late march/ April.

End of March to mid April can be a bit hit and miss to be honest...

We've been down to the beach recently in shorts and then the other week when it was a public holiday on 25 March, the wind was very cool and it was difficult to sit on the beach for any length of time.

It was another public holiday this Tuesday 1 April for Cyprus National Day and we were over towards Paphos (Kouklia / Mandria) where again there was a coolish wind and only around 20C when the couple of weeks before we were having 25C (shade temperatures). Very pleasant in a sheltered spot and we got sunburn whilst eating outside in a small taverna courtyard and again the day after (I took an extra day off work) on a sunlounger in our backyard for an hour.

If you take a look on the following link at my Flickr photos, you will see the Sets on the first couple of rows or so are all from this year (Cyprus National Day through to Kolossi Village, Cyprus sets) it will give you an indication of our weather since January to April. Kolossi Village photos are the oldest (from January)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cypruspictures/sets/

However, remember that we've been living here for 10 years so have become accustomed to warmer weather and we don't "do" winter very well these days... The tourists have been swimming in the sea and can be quite easily spotted as they tend to be the ones wearing shorts and skimpy tops whilst we're still in jeans, trainers and t-shirts. I'm still taking my fleece to the office at the moment!

Takes me right back to my first holiday here in November 1985 when we were in shorts, paddling in the sea whilst the "locals" were still in shoes, socks, vests, shirts and jumpers! :D We were quite amazed - and so were they.
Thanks. Sounds like it would be very pleasant for late march/ April. Just kicking some ideas around for next Easter for me and DH.
Our DD is now going away on a school trip, so not sure what we fancy doing. Had planned a beach type family holiday, but now thinking of other possibilities. I quite fancy eurostaring it to Berlin, but also really like the idea of somewhere hot and beacy like Egypt, and dh also wants to go to Italy.
Ah, decisions decisions..
Love the photos, by the way :)
We're taking the caravan to Aberystwyth for 2 or 3 nights.

Hoping to go to Benidorm again in Sept though! :D
Would love to go back to Benidorm but it's so difficult to get to Spain from Cyprus. There are no direct flights and we won't entertain flying back to UK to fly on again to Spain :(
I'm not going away, I have taken four days off but with the bank hols and normal days off, have 11 days. I was planning on decorating my bedroom, but have done so well with sons help and his GF that almost finished so I will be able to sit back (or lay back) and enjoy my wonderfully decorated room.
Have a good one everybody, whatever you are doing over the Easter holidays :)
We are off to Tenerife, but not until the weekend after Easter. Adults only hotel too, so some relaxation to look forward to I hope
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.