France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Back to our favourite campsite in the Vendee at the end of June for 17 nights. The 9 year old is already counting the days.
Back to La Palmyre in June
For 3 weeks @Atlantic Parc
Has anyone stayed there?
:cry

Not going this year
We are Bypassing France altogether by going Brittany Ferries to Bilbao then down to Benidorm with our touring caravan again
I am planning to leave for France this July. Any idea of accommodations in France? Though I have read some blogs and forums and have found that a hotel or a rental apartment can be a good option, I need some more ideas.
Forgot to add that when we decided to go via the Bilboa ferry it was because after last years trip we calculated the miles per gallon via French Autoroute speeds and the distance and time taken and the Autoroute Tolls

This worked out at in excess of £1500 return and 5 days of the holiday taken up
the Ferry is three days - 2 out and 1 back and because we booked direct it only cost £900 so unfortunately because I LOVE France we are giving it a miss this year
Chunnel booked for 31st July paid for once again with tesco points. 1st overnight stop at Vierzon south of Paris. 2nd overnight at Carcassone. Then 2 weeks on the Costa Brava at L'Escala. Big villa booked and both sons, partners and daughters arriving by plane to spend 12 days with us. Then motor home with 1st stop at Limoges and finally last night inside the old town at Boulogne.

Jobs a good 'un.
Just booked a 2nd holiday in France. Return on the 18th Aug then back in the car on the 23rd for a drive down to Pommard (Beaune) where we have booked an apartment. We shall be taking my in laws with us. 6 nights in Pommard then a final night in Boulogne before getting the shuttle back to the UK!
Well unfortunately we have been bowled a curve ball and won't be going abroad this year simply because my mother is terminally ill

We are still touring in the van but UK only so we can get home quickly
3rd holiday in France now on the cards! Well not really a holiday. A school's travel company is giving me and Mrs H a long weekend on the Cote D'Opal to show us the delights of the area should I choose to book a school trip with them. 3 days, 3 nights all found including transport across and while we are there. All we have to do is get ourselves to Kent.
Well we MAY be getting to travel through France around November/December time as Steph is going to have to have time off work as she has got to have a foot op so won't be able to work for 8 weeks
So a leisurely meander through on the road to Spain
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.