France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
:cheers Off back to Charente on the 5th April, can't come soon enough!! :sun2
I'll be going to Evian at the end of May. My son, husband and a few friends are in a cycle ride around the lake starting in Lausanne so I will spend a day in Evian waiting to wave them on! Then I will take a trip to Thonon Les Baines.
On the 7am sailing from Poole on Monday 6th June for a week!

Will have my HT wristband on! :)
Me....on the 21 June for the day. No idea where I am going yet :rofl Been to Berck, Boulogne, Gravelines, Calais, St Omer.....
We foolishly stopped off at Millau to see the cheese factories and the Tarn Valley, ended up staying the week
Off to Bordeaux by Bike this year having found out how to do it on a website
Looks like we shall be down by Beziers at the end of July 2012 for a couple of weeks. Plus a few days at either end of the fortnight to travel and visit a few friends. We are driving then the rest of the family will be looking to get some cheap flights down to spend some of the time with us.
Have booked the Villa and the kids and grand daughter will be flying down to spend 12 days with us with cheap easyjet flights. Got the tunnel paid for by Tesco vouchers (pity they don't do motorway tolls)! We shall take the bulk of the kid's luggage with us so that they will only have hand luggage (and a baby) to carry. We shall even carry the child seat and a pushchair with us.
Me for the first time this year on the 15 Feb 12 :) Booked my ferry already and got 6 free bottles of wine.
After a rough year I'm good so Ferry booked

Car and caravan and we are off to Benidorm via the Millau bridge for a change both in destination and route
Hi lensman.

I have posted in the driving thread about rumours of a new requiement for drivers. I am waiting for confirmation.
Hi De Hi wrote:
Hi lensman.

I have posted in the driving thread about rumours of a new requiement for drivers. I am waiting for confirmation.

This IS confirmed you must NOT have Speed Camera locations in Sat Nav and you MUST be able to prove there are none
Not long now till I go for the day. Just off to Dunkirk this time.
Will be spending 2-3days around Reims, Metz or both on our way to the UK in April and 1-2days somewhere ? on the way back at the beginning of May. Later on in the year haven't decided yet.
Metz has a terrific Cathedral. There is also a very good indoor market opposite. Sadly we only spent half a day there so didn't really get to see anything else apart from quite a nice Italian restaurant which was selected by a friend who lives in the City.
off to euro disney 18th june with family any tips would be good
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.