France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
thanks david
all posted just waiting for the huge response
We are off to Les Mouettes this year for June half term :)
also hoping to visit the inlaws at their new place in the South Of France
Chamonix in July hopefully, bit of a road trip and plenty of hiking and climbing in the valley. Be interesting to see the snow conditions, last few time I went in August and the snow and ice was a lot 'less frozen' than normal.
Booked all the hotels yesterday.

2 nights in Colmar then a long drive to Millau where we have one night. That leaves us a short hop to the Villa down by Narbonne on the saturday (avoiding the autoroutes). Then coming back we are breaking the journey at friends not far from Lyon for a couple of days before having a final night just outside Calais.

Just got to organise the telepeage machine now.
Got a bonus today. Checked the warranty on my new Kia and the recovery/breakdown part covers me for Europe as well so no need to shell out extra to extend the cover! Add that onto the holiday insurance Nationwide are giving me for having my current account with them and the jobs a good un.
Chamonix for a week in July - going to be spending a lot of time on the cable cars!
Well September is getting closer

We are sorted for a Dover-Calais Crossing for the 1st
The route has been plotted and plotted so much I think I know every road junction from Gare Maritime to the Spanish Border and then on into Benidorm but the trip down and over the Millau Bridge will be good

BUT even more coming back in to Canet en Roussillon then up to Pitou Charente for our usual stop in the peace and quiet of Twin lakes before a slow trip up to Calais for the return crossing on the 30th
7th June, off to Brittany (Le Ranolien) for two and a half weeks. Cant wait, just got to get rid of a kidney stone first,lol.

John
Heading back to Vannes area with my new partner and my parents in October, looking forward to it
Cidermonster II wrote:
Heading back to Vannes area with my new partner and my parents in October, looking forward to it

Vannes is quite a nice area would love to get back but usually out of our routing maybe next year I can take longer and a more circuitous route
Yeah, big fan of the area myself, been three times previous, but always open to new tips and places to visit :)

We are staying in Noyalo when we are there, so peaceful and tranquil
Cant wait, just got to get rid of a kidney stone first

John, if the worst comes to the worst, and the kidney stone decides to accompany you to La Belle France, remember to bring your EHIC card with you! We have all the necessary bits to deal with it .. and leave your stone here when you go home!
Thank you Alsacienne, having friends, both French and British, living in France, I have a great deal of faith in the French medical system, should it become needed. I would just prefer it was not needed.lol. I see the urologist on Wednesday and hopefully it will be removed soon after.

John
We're of to La Palmyre, Charante Maritime
For 3 weeks next June as it'll probably the only way to get some sunshine !
The wife has just booked us a week in August at Center Parcs Le Lac D'ailette. We last went there 6 years ago, fingers crossed we get good weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.