Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Aslemma you just beat me to posting this thread!! I was sitting in work thinking we must get a new one for 2010!

Anyways I am glad to report I have booked Hotel Kanta for a quick week at Easter this year :) We fly from Belfast International on Sunday 4th April and I can't wait to get back and see all the friendly faces and of course hopefully a bit of sunshine too :sun2

I am in the process of renewing my passport and fear i will feel like a new tourist when i arrive in the airport without my previous 17 vists worth of Tunisian stamps lol

I hope to squeeze another week or two in Tunisia this year too!!.....Can't decide on Tunisia or somewhere new like Morroco for July but watch this space lol
Am hoping to get out there sometime in the second half of the year - if I can save up the £. Am off to Senegal at the end of Feb for a few weeks, first, but am keeping my fingers crossed I'll manage to fit Tunisia in this year as well. Would be great to meet up with people out there and put faces to names!

And I know what you mean about the brand new passport! I got mine last year and felt like a newbie when I arrived at Tunis in October!

Is anyone else planning an autumn trip to Tunisia?

A.
I'll try to get back again sometime in October but have to be in the UK on 1st of the month as one of my grandsons will be 18 then. I too felt strange when I renewed my passport but have managed to get quite a few Tunisian stamps on it in the past couple of years.
Like Sunstruck, I am hoping to get back to Sousse this year if I can save up the £. My leave year starts in April. If I don't manage it then, maybe October or November.
Aslemma - will you also be staying in Sousse again, if you go back in October? I know this is your usual base over there. I usually go to Hammamet, especially as I know a couple of English ex pats there and it's always nice to catch up.

I wouldn't mind trying Sousse for a change of scene, but it's a little impractical as Tunisair flights arrive quite late, and I don't fancy the train to Sousse at that hour on my own. Flying into Monastir isn't really an option as my return taxi fare to Gatwick is about £160 :yikes

Still - if we do cross paths, it would be lovely to meet with anyone out there at the same time.

October / November is looking most likely for me - fingers crossed!

A.
I nearly always stay in Sousse and expect that is where I'll be if I go back in October/November. My nearest airport is Stansted which only goes to Monastir, but when I've flown into Tunis with BA I used to use the train,
then started using Med Hotels for the transfer, but they no longer go to Sousse from Tunis. a2b transfers do however, and I'm going to give them a try in April as £17 return isn't a bad price. I know a few ex-pats in the Sousse area, as well as a Swedish friend who has an apartment there and it's nice to catch up

http://www.a2btransfers.com/index.asp
sunstruck wrote:
Aslemma - will you also be staying in Sousse again, if you go back in October? I know this is your usual base over there. I usually go to Hammamet, especially as I know a couple of English ex pats there and it's always nice to catch up.

I wouldn't mind trying Sousse for a change of scene, but it's a little impractical as Tunisair flights arrive quite late, and I don't fancy the train to Sousse at that hour on my own. Flying into Monastir isn't really an option as my return taxi fare to Gatwick is about £160 :yikes

Still - if we do cross paths, it would be lovely to meet with anyone out there at the same time.

October / November is looking most likely for me - fingers crossed!

A.

I thought my return taxi fare to Gatwick was bad at £120. Heathrow is the best option for me, but BA have generous baggage allowances, which is better for me.
As my next flights are on Saturdays and at nice times, one of my sons will probably give me a lift to Gatwick, failing which I can get the Gatwick Flyer which will pick me up from home and drop me back there for £49 return. The train is cheaper but as part of that journey is on the Jubilee Line, which is a nightmare at weekends with the upgrade being done, I'd rather avoid that. Being 'mature' I can get the bus to Stansted for nothing but the TC flights are over £100 dearer than BA.
Aslemma - thanks for the link re transfers to Sousse. I'll bear that in mind, if I decide to take a break from Hammamet.

Souad - I'm pretty close to Heathrow too, which is why I always try to fly Tunisair. Their luggage allowance isn't too bad and the couple of occasions I've gone 2 or 3kgs over they've not batted an eyelid! :) It's only ever been on the way back though, if I've done too much shopping :D and maybe they're a bit more relaxed in Tunis than in H'row.

A.
:( that is me back from Tunisia and working out when we can return, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Welcome back Graham - the week has certainly flown and I expect it seemed to go even quicker for you. Glad you had a good holiday and the hotel came up to your expectations. I won't be back in Sousse for ages yet but I've got a quick trip to Denmark to look forward to next month
Hoping to visit PEK in April. Abou Sofiane.

Small world Graham? :wave:
Jim
I hope you enjoy it Jim and that we both get good weather. :smile: Is it your first trip to Tunisia?
No. We visited Hammamet in 2008. Les Oranges.
had a fab time there. Time to return aslemma. when are you going?
Good Morning Jim :wave:

If I can give you advice on the Abou Sofiane or transfers please ask :rofl

You might want to take look at these pictures which show the hotel and will give you an idea of what we talked about
http://family.webshots.com/album/568524044KRULeu?vhost=family

I gave the access issues for your wife more thought and I am convinced that she would be able to get to all areas one way or another without using stairs, except for the animation hall where there are 3-5 steps, the maximum nunber of steps at any point in the hotel is about 6 but as I mentioned with a little assistance from the hotel there will be other routes you can use.

Out and about in PEK a scooter would be fine as it is well paved and reasonably flat, the main centre of PEK is about 20 minutes away by road and if you require a taxi there are some of the slightly bigger van type that you may require.

Graham
hi Folks.
:D :D Flying out on the 25th April for 2 weeks :cheers
Booked today. Yessssssss :sun2

Good photies Kiltman, looks the business. don't foresee any real problems with access in the complex.
One of your previous post seems to cover everything.
Were now counting the weeks. Happy Days.
Thank you for your help Graham.

Jim/Anne
You're flying out the day after me Jim, (Gatwick to Tunis with BA) so I'll put in an order for lots of sun for us.
We are going to Sousse for 2 weeks on 31 March, hope the sun will be shining, have had enough of this horrible weather. Anyone else going to be in Sousse at this time?
Cheers aslemma :cheers , hope your order is received and understood. :que lol

Enjoy your stay, which hotel?
Jim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.