General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You'll have to get back to us on how accurate the Wii was, comparing it to when they weigh it at the airport!
What I do is weigh myself on the scales and then weigh myself holding a suitcase. Then subtract one from the other and hey presto, you get your suitcase weight! :tup
Please don't rely on the Wii fit, according to mine I've lost 4lb since starting it two weeks ago but slimmersworld and scales at work are telling different at only 1.5 lb.!!!
All i can say is well done for actually managing to purchase a wii fit :tup

Were i work we can't get hold of them, we've got a waiting list as long as your arm :D

Jo
I know there has been a thread about them before but we purchased some portable luggage scales for this years hols. It's hard to guage your luggage with some of the budget airlines especially when you can't combine weight. We couldn't fill our large case last year as it would have been over the allowance so we ended up taking more luggage. I wanted to get the scales as you can weigh before you leave home but its the return flight that's the problem, making sure none of the cases go over the limit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/40KG-DIGITAL-SCALE-LUGGAGE-FISHING-POSTAGE-BLUEBACKLITE_W0QQitemZ110272660457QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110272660457&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
I see the P&P on those scales is £6.99.

You can get the exact same scales HERE for $10.84 which is around £5.50 inc free P&P. I ordered them and they arrived within a week. Even better was that only £4.47 has been debited to my credit card!

I had already ordered the ones from Betterware so I now have 2 sets.

luci :wave
Slightly off topic but - people actually buy stuff from beterware??????????

Their catalogues have never seen the inside of my house - just pick them up from the porch floor and put them straight in the garden for them to collect.
So did I! I would leave it at the front door to hand back when they arrived. I have never looked at one.

However..... someone posted about the luggage scales and when I asked around, no-one had seen a Betterware book for months. I ended up emailing the Head Office who put me in contact with an Area Manager as there were no reps in my area.

He was going to drop off a book, but I said I didn't need a book, I only need the scales.

luci :wave
I'm obviously ignorant :que - what is a Wii fit? I have a set of luggage scales from John Lewis - have I a type of Wii fit? Jenny x
A WII is a games console, WIIFit is a game that can be played on a WII.

I wouldn't buy one just to weigh your cases - scales are a lot cheaper.

Mark :)
I see the P&P on those scales is £6.99.

Hi Luci, I only put the link up just to show the type of scales, there are quite a few offers on e-bay, I got mine complete with p&p for £7 :cheers
Hi Mark - thanks for that - I'm the wrong age to be aware of such things!! ;) Jenny x
Get scales from argos for £5 they come under fishing scales. lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.