Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Refunds are normally made to the same card that was used for payment. This is to prevent f raud and money laundering.

Did you advise them that the card and account had been closed? Do you have proof you can send them that the accounts have been closed such as a letter confirming closure?

Unfortunately I do not think Thomsons have done anything wrong here and it will take even longer than normal before you receive your refund.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
Have to agree, they will only refund to the card/bank details supplied for the booking.
Yes , having worked for Thomson ,normally they can only refund to the card that you had paid on . All refunds (at shop level) are put in manually so depending on how you had booked , if you had told them, they may well have got permission to transfer over to another card or more likely sent you a cheque, so not Thomsons fault I am afraid , how were they to know your account had closed ????
Same problem applies in other walks of life. People who have direct debits on their credit cards often find that they are chased for payments not received due to changing cards/accounts. Our car insurance, which we renewed this week had an out of date card but I had noticed it and contacted them. My Amazon account is the same so I always inform them when I change my card.

fwh
I had the same prob with Amazon... transaction wouldn't work :duh

Their customer services sorted it.. I was using a card that had had been cancelled by me... :whoops

ATB,J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.