Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Wind in August
5 Posts
In summer 2008 I stayed in Lanzarote, in the Natura Palace (which is amazing) but there was little to do in the evenings, however this was 2 years ago now and perhaps there has been development in the area. This could be the same for other areas? There was also a wind, but as this was July / August, it was a very hot wind (like having a hairdryer in your face at times)!

Hope this can be of some help.
Costa Teguise has often been perhaps unkindly called Costa too breezy!
However I would not really expect too much wind July-August unless
we end up with a storm out in the Atlantic. I won't say never
but this is hardy likely!

So you should have a good visit....

I am not really sure what to suggest for evenings apart from eatting...!

cheers
Keith
Hiya
Me and my friend partied like crazy in Teguise in 2008. Cactus Jacks is brilliant 4 karaoke and there's a few clubs about
Enjoy!!
The North-East trade winds are particularly frequent in the summer months and almost constant in July mainly due to the Azores anticyclone so it will likely be windy in August especially in the afternoons. Costa Teguise is known as one of the best places for windsurfing in Lanzarote for good reason. The wind does help keep the temperature down to reasonable levels though but can also disguise the strength of the sun so extra care might need to be taken when sunbathing to avoid burning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.